PDA

View Full Version : keys on constrainted joints/nodes.. help! =)

newRigger
07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
can anyone tell me if there is a solution to this problem:

2 nodes (say locators - locator 1 locator 2) are constrained to echother.. point/oriant

locator 1 has the constraints turned off from frame 0-10 locator 2 has constrainted turned on from 0-10.. effect is 1 moves from 0xyz-[frame 0] to 10x0yz-[frame10] so locator 2 follows.. frame 10/11 turn point/oriant constraint OFF of locator2 turn point/oriant constrain ON for locator1 frame 11-20 locator 2 moves from 10x0yz-[frame11] to 20x0yz-[frame20]
locator 1 now follows.. now scrub back and locator 2 will stop at frame 11 even though point/oriant is turned on at frame 11..

End result in my head would be no change in visual aniamtion the lcoators should move from frame 0-20 without stoping from 0x to 20x.. this does not happen though becuse:

once there are keys set on a constrainted node if u key on those values then it seems to loose the constraint.. is there a mel that will alow you to turn off a constraint key those values (translate values should constraint be point) and turn constraint back on and have the connections still hold.. similer to a ik solver turning ON/OFF

please this seems like it should work but dosnt in defult maya and im sure there is a mel way around this problem

thanks!!
i hope it all makes sence!

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.