PDA

View Full Version : squirrel character

resurepus
07-07-2005, 05:56 PM
here is a character I am working on. your comments are most welcome

Terro
07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
All depends on what look your going for, if your going cartooninsh thenI think your all set, if you want a little more detail then start with some more shaddows and have fun with it. I think it needs a lot more detail.

jkozniewski
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Nice work :)

I don't know if it's an issue but your character looks
old in some way...
Overall impression of this squirrel is sarcastic rather than
(as expect from squirrels) sweet'n'cute...

Regards.

PerfectBlue
07-07-2005, 06:44 PM
As a cartoon there is not much i can critique on. Toons tend to be stylized tending to the particular artist's imagination, so i don't know what is right/wrong about it.

Looks nifty in any event. :)

resurepus
07-07-2005, 07:38 PM
thanks for your nice comments, guys! Yes, I was going for the cartoonish look of an old squirrel :) In fact I had an idea of making a cartoon about retired policeman who out of boredom decides to save the world in a form of a squirrelman :) That is a clumsy form for a superhero :)

however I am not quite happy with the colors, but I really don't know what I can do with them...

Nerd_Pack
07-07-2005, 07:49 PM
He is a squirrel... and a cartoon.... but I think it would help to intensify the colors a bit and add more shadow, just adding darker and lighter tones will definitely help the drawing 'pop'

right now the brownish tone you have is very middle of the road and not interesting, just darken or lighten that and you're definitely on your way.

Nice job with the angry old squirrel look by the way!

Ducklator
07-07-2005, 08:01 PM
my god, it has human face...:eek:

nice character.

for what do you want this?:shrug:

resurepus
07-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I wanna make a Flash cartoon, though I've never done any animation before. Will experiment at least...

resurepus
07-07-2005, 09:06 PM
here is an updated version with more vivid color and 3/4 side view

PerfectBlue
07-07-2005, 09:19 PM
I wanna make a Flash cartoon, though I've never done any animation before. Will experiment at least...
Flash is pretty easy to pick up. Just gotta get used to the interface and it becomes second nature. However, flash is only an application and you should have experience with animation before you tackle complex animations like this character of yours. If i may suggest, learn to work with flash with a simpler subject then this squirrel. A stick figure, while being simple at heart is also the single best subject to learn with. :)

resurepus
07-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, Lord Blue, I know what you are talking about!

Even though I've never done any amimation before I do realize that it is a very complicated process and requires a lot of skill and effort to get anywhere. No, I am not going to jump to animation of this characted, just have this idea for a destant future.

however what do you think about the colors now?
and the second view? it sucks, right? I know that! :) what can I do to make it better?

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2005, 09:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.