PDA

View Full Version : Reusing/Relooping animation???

itsallgood
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
HI guys,

I've done a few animations in C4D, but i've always just used the timeline to make animations.

But how do you do animation that needs to loop? Say like a helcoptor taking-off. I would usally move the rotors manuly while also moving the body, is there anyway to get the rotors to spin automaticly?

Also things like landing gear, could you create a small project and animate the landing gear coming down, then use the movieclip within another animation?

And walking?? the movement of legs - the way i do it, moving it each step using the timeline is anoying, especially with the f-curves, it does my head in!!! :(

Any help would be great.

Many thanks.

JamesMK
07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Sounds to me like you would want to study your documentation concerning motion tracks, retargeting and finally also check the AM when you've got a sequence selected in the timeline window (you'll find left, right and loop border, and a loops number specifying the number of repeats for the sequence in question).

R1PPER
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi itsallgood...im hearing you about animation. I just started doing a scaletrix race animation inspired by the latest FX challenge...and have spent most of the day pulling my hair out...even got the point of contemplating learning maya instead of C4D for animation :eek: but it is getting easier and ive learnt afew things today. I Think you should plan a animation and cross any bridges when you get to them?

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.