PDA

View Full Version : I need to make blue Crystal toothpaste...

eddie López
07-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Anybody can tell me the settings to make this material? and how can I render it, I'm new in 3d max so I want to know how to make this material...please help!!! :cry:

voodoo89
07-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi

I take it you're asking how to make a material for a gel type of toothpaste? I'm not too big on using mental ray, since I have completely no idea how to use the scaline renderer to do it, but I think you should start with a mental ray glass material and go from there. I'm thinking you should make it have a low reflection and add a bluish color to it. Then if you want the little bubbles in there that some gel toothpastes have you could put them in using particle flow.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then I suggest you look at the tutorials that come with 3ds max. Hope this helped. http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

Mr.No
07-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Well the simple thing that you can do is to make raytrace material.Make it with difuse color blue and but some refraction and very little reflection(you don't want to make it like a glass don't you).Don't worry just experiment.

DustinB
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
You might wanna ask about this in the mental ray shader thread. Im no expert on mental ray but if I remember right the parti volume shader should be able to do the trick. That or the physical SSS shader.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.