PDA

View Full Version : what dvd choice would be the best for a beginner out of these two

some lifeform
07-06-2005, 10:17 PM
hi everybody

i'm having trouble in choosing so i hope you guys could help me out here

i'm planning on ordering dvd training on simplylichtwave.com

there are two deals

one is the "McLaren DVDr Special Offer" and it offers about 45 hours of training ...spline patching ,texturing ,lighting ...etc for a tempting price "€56.82 Euros"

the other deal is "Cell Phone and MechBot package deal" that is two DVD's for the price of "€67.30 Euros" and a total of 18 hours training

here's the link :
http://www.simplylightwave.com/dvd/dvds.mhtml

now the thing is i'm still learning lightwave like bigtime and what i would like to know is what DVD (package) choice would help me out best in improving my allround lightwave skills

kind regards

webshot
07-06-2005, 11:36 PM
I would go cell phone and mech bot package. But you cant lose with the mc laren either. I found the cell phone and mech bot awesome and covers more ground. If you want a car modelling dvd check out kurvstudios.com, competitively priced as well.

R-6
07-08-2005, 07:47 AM
I'm doing the MechBot one and I'm getting heaps out of it:)

polytek
07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Yv'e just ordered the "Mclaren dvd" and wil recieve it any time soon now!
y also bought some dvd's from the Kurv site ( vehicle modeling, and a couple of others) and have to say they are really good.
I'me intrested in the mclaren dvd because it also covers texturing, HDRI setup and rendering still having problem's with that you know.
If the dvd is really good i'me also buying the ather dvd's!

Greetz Omar,
and maybe we meet someday

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.