PDA

View Full Version : render passes

nendo_3d
07-06-2005, 12:17 PM
didn't realy know what to call this thread but here goes for my question.

is it possible for cinema 4d to do seperate renders.

more detail:

like do a render wheres it only specular, gloss, the model, ambient, textures, lighting.

then be able to put them together again in a program like after effect?

ThirdEye
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
ctrl-b to bring up the render settings window > multipass

CINEMA 4D is connected to the major compositing apps (PS, AE, Combustion)

nendo_3d
07-06-2005, 12:27 PM
cheers dude. 1 more question

if i untick the save as multi lyer file then does it render it into like 3-4 different files which can be edited together?

my c4d is at home am at work so i can't test it lol

Vozzz
07-07-2005, 05:18 AM
It renders a psd with multiple layers i believe.

Hilt
07-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Unticked it renders separate files for each pass. 'Use layer name as suffix' does what it says for the rendered filenames.

.mjt

nendo_3d
07-08-2005, 10:00 AM
It renders a psd with multiple layers i believe.

sorry i think i need to be more clear. i as on about movie files like avi.mov and stuff. but i tink i got it now. thanks for ur help

Creature
07-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd recommend you render your animations in TARGA image sequences when you want to composite them together afterwards. This will give you some advantages over avi or movs:

- You don't have any quality losses on compression (you can work lossless until you finished everything and compress only the final animation)
- Targa files can carry alpha-channels while avi can't do this
- You can pause and restart a render. For example if your computer crashes while rendering frame number 100 of your 200 frames animation you can just restart your comp and tell Cinema to render images 101 to 200. While you can't do this with an AVI (at least not in an easy way)

nendo_3d
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I'd recommend you render your animations in TARGA image sequences when you want to composite them together afterwards. This will give you some advantages over avi or movs:

- You don't have any quality losses on compression (you can work lossless until you finished everything and compress only the final animation)
- Targa files can carry alpha-channels while avi can't do this
- You can pause and restart a render. For example if your computer crashes while rendering frame number 100 of your 200 frames animation you can just restart your comp and tell Cinema to render images 101 to 200. While you can't do this with an AVI (at least not in an easy way)

hey dude cheers for that. that will realy help me. i like the thing most is the no compression. which is a bonus

good point although u could tell it to do them frames bu then u'd need to eit cut and put together

thanks for the help :D

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.