PDA

View Full Version : 2D Animation Group

Terro
07-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Sorry to all you 3D Gurus out here but we got to bust in and take a little space. A few of us that are interested in 2D animations need a place to post, so we figured this would be the forum to do it in. With that said, we welcome everyone interested in the 2D process to display their screenshots, movies, ask questions or give a little lecture. :)

I can already predict that Macromedia Flash will be the spotlight of this thread and rightly so. It's an easy to use tool and combined with Photoshop or Painter it can push out beautifull creations.

I guess I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Greg K. and I've been working with flash for over 3 years now. I'm in the process of writing the story for my 2D animated adventure , currently titled :Guardians of Destiny. I don't have a lot to show for it at the moment but I will soon post my environmental concepts that I'm doing in PS as well as a short overview of the polt and characters.

I hope we can use this thread to aid each other in the process and hopefully learn a thing or 2.

jorgy
07-06-2005, 05:50 AM
I am new to this forum, and also pretty new to animation. I have just finished my first animation, in fact:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=254946 (http://Audrey%20the%20Bow-Legged%20Chick)

I'm interested in working together to try and help everyone's techniques.

jorgy

NOOB!
07-06-2005, 10:41 AM
jorgy u need to work on your animation allot,learn about how characters should interact with the background,and how they walk etc.

i suggest not tweening in flash and go frame by frame,my suggestion is buying what cud only be described as the animation bible to help u out,which is the *animators survival kit* by richard williams,order it from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0571202284/qid=1120579350/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/002-4888851-7530450?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

great post terro! i'm just gunna copy and paste info on my proj for the other thread in here.

I'm working on a Mortal Kombat fan film.

I have voice actors,music and everything.

currently i'm makin painted bgs,and animation is all good,hopefully i'll have it out this year.

i've always been a fan of the MK original games so its a great practice for me.

this is sum concept art,this done bout april,lots changed since then design wise

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/noobeene/8131dccf.jpg

and this is the scorpion design i did in early '04 when i wasn't such a good artist,but i've always loved this piece for sum reason

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/noobeene/f8736d91.jpg

Terro
07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Man I really really like that scorpion concept, did work on him directly in photoshop? And thank you for the link to that book, I'm gonna place my order today. I have a few art books that I picked up at my local bookstore, but they don't have a big selection and almost non animtion books. And I'll be the first to say that I have a huge issue with character animation, so this bible will come in very handy.

I do have a kind of stupid question , do you guys use a tablet for most of your flash work? I just got my tablet this year and only experianced with it in Photoshop, I did all my old animation in Flash via mouse. The mouse issue confined me to using lines instead of the paint brush because I had more controll over a line.

NOOB!
07-06-2005, 03:44 PM
that scorpion concept was done before i had flash and a wacom,so that was hand inked *man i used so much black ink* and colored with the mouse in photoshop.

and yeh i got flash after the wacom,but i've i tried drawing in there with the mouse once...and i'll never try again..

so i use wacom in flash.

the animators survival kit is a 342 page book teaching,spacing,walks,run,jumps,skips,flexibility,weight,anticipation and more.

trust me once u get that book and study it u'll learn everything so fast.tell me what u think of it when u get it.

jorgy
07-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Noob, thanks for the advice on the book. I'll check it out ASAP. Also, your designs are sweet! What is your long-term plan?

Terro
07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
the animators survival kit is a 342 page book teaching,spacing,walks,run,jumps,skips,flexibility,weight,anticipation and more.

trust me once u get that book and study it u'll learn everything so fast.tell me what u think of it when u get it.

The one thing that I'm kind of scared of, is the spacing between movements , I know that the Frame rate also has a lot to do with spacig and I know NONE OF IT. I heard it's crucial knowledge.

NOOB!
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
jorgy no prob,the book will help u out millions.my long-term plan is to become start my own animation company eventually,but not just 2d,i'm not gunna get into 3d,but i cud still hire people to add 3d elements when i start making movies *backgrounds,landscapes etc* cos i think animation is best when they are both combined,like in the cartoon metropolis movie.

terro: spacing is probably the simpilist thing to learn,its TIMING thats mighty difficult,lol,that and the walk cycle,walk cycles take up most the book,so that gives u an idea of how hard they can be.

its important u take the steps in the book as they come,and don't skip ahead.

jakiloblanco
07-06-2005, 06:08 PM
I Think animation is very intimidating... but one thing that helps me is to try and feel the animation... rather than say it's gonna be this drawing exactly, or that frame number exactly, if you have to redraw it, redraw it! And shift your drawings around! That's how I work my way around timing and spacing...

Cool idea for a forum... :D

NOOB!
07-06-2005, 06:14 PM
hey jakilo i'm downloading ur reel as i type,was that lil animation on ur avatar done in flash?

edit:whoa amazing reel,where have i seen that frog b4? what animation programs are used for the stuff u produced in that reel,flash?

jakiloblanco
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Ha ha! Noob! you mean to tell me you've seen Jorge before!? (green guy)

It's a show I worked on last year :D "Olliver's Adventures" The whole thing is on my site if you want to check it out... I did that section in After Effects, to mask out Gandalf, and I comped all of it in Flash 4, tracking, FX and all.

I use Flash 4; it's really simple to use, and all you need is alot of imagination and explore the program to find out what it can do for you.

My avatar is a cycled animation I did for Ollie's:) In Flash, I tought it was fun!

And yeah, everything else on my reel, all the animation was in Flash 4, and peiced together in After Effects!

Thanks alot man!

NOOB!
07-06-2005, 06:57 PM
i'm gunna check out ur site soon.i did see the frog,i jus know i did,it was either online or t.v.

anyway,i need adobe after effects,all i got now is flash mx,what exactly did u add to those scenes from ur reel in after effects?

Terro
07-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Damn this job and it's crappy dial up connection, I want to chek out that demo reel.

I took a long break from CG talk, but back in 2003 when I was pretty active around here I remember finding a interesting post someone did. It included a pretty long list of software used for 2D animation, they were all pretty expansive and most of them in Japanese. Some of them were hybrid, handling both vecotrs and pixels on seperate layers.

jakiloblanco
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Noob, I did nothing but put them back to back in AE...

Everything was in Flash:D

BTW, I was a huge MK fan back in the day, I like your Scorpion!

jorgy
07-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Damn this job and it's crappy dial up connection, I want to chek out that demo reel.

I have the opposite problem - fast link here at work, slower link at home. However, here at work, we have much of the access to the internet blocked. :-(

I took a long break from CG talk, but back in 2003 when I was pretty active around here I remember finding a interesting post someone did. It included a pretty long list of software used for 2D animation, they were all pretty expansive and most of them in Japanese. Some of them were hybrid, handling both vecotrs and pixels on seperate layers.

I have been using moho from Lost Marble for a few months now. I had started with flash, but was unhappy with the animation capabilities. It seems to be great for creating interactive websites, and even games, but for the animation basics it seems cumbersome. Also, the price for moho can't be beat ($99). Check it out:

Lost Marble's Moho (http://www.lostmarble.com/)

They also make a companion application called Papagayo for lip syncing (currently in beta).

NOOB!
07-06-2005, 09:30 PM
jakilo thanks glad u like!!

the d and j clip on u site is great!

Terro
07-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I finally had a chance to check out your demo reel and the rest of the shorts on your site Jakilo. I'm very impressed. Most of the animation I seen done in flash didn't have the speed or quality of your work. I couldn't get any sound to come thru , something was wrong with my quicktime codec. Awsome work. ... ohh you said you still work with Flash 4, I was wondering if there are any major improvements in the animation aspect of Flash between Flash 4 and Flash MX. I know that actionscript has been improved as well as the components. I bought the entire Macromedia studio MX and I'm not sure if I should update to the New MX 2004.

Getting back to my project at hand, here's what I have written for my animation TO BE > It will hopefully give you guys an inside to what I'm looking to create. Noob and a few already seen this in our previous thread, so just disregard.

Cyrix - Cyrix is a tall blond male that looks to be in his twenties. His real age is unknown due to the fact that Cyrix keeps his date of birth under wraps and never celebrates his birthday. His appearance and carefree attitude would never bring anyone to the assumption that Cyrix is one of the 3 wealthiest entities in the universe. While most wealthy humans are fortunate enough to purchase a mansion or even an island, Cyrix can afford to purchase entire planets or even planetary systems. How much he can afford has never been determined because his credit seems to be involved in everything from toothbrushes to Interstellar Wormholes. There isn't an agency big enough to perform an audit of this magnitude at the current moment. Cyrix may be a free spirit but he's also followed by his stubborn reputation of doing everything by the law and the rules of superstition. It is said that he once bulldozed one of his many mansion because someone shook his hand in its door way. It's also said that he once gave every single perons on his home world planet Julius 4, a million credits, just to spite off the local government, eventually causing the economy to crash and a birth of the current free society. Some look at his actions as outrageous while others admire the dedication to his beliefs.

Julius 4 (planet) flourishes with tropical vegetation and ocean life. Compared to it's neighboring planets, Julius ranks as the smallest in the sector. It's small mass size is balanced out by it's high velocity rotation, making it a perfect place to raise future pilots. The planet was named in honor of it's discoverer and first king , Julius M. Cairnes. Today's youth rarely questions the importance of the planets full name. Julius 4 used to be Julius 3 and before that Julius 2. The number that follows the planets name signifies the amount of times it has been completely destroyed by rogue asteroids. The last impact occurred 1630 lunar years ago and annihilated the entire tera population.

NOOB!
07-07-2005, 06:41 PM
did u order the book yet terro?

Terro
07-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm ordering it right now, I didn't do it yesterday because I rememberd that I have my Amazon.com gift certificate from my associate program.

BTW - My condolonces to you , I know you guys are going thru a tough time atm and happy B-day. Me and my wife have friends in London.

Terro
07-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I done did it :) It shows that I will receive my copy by the 8th which is very unlikely, hopefully by monday it will arrive.

NOOB!
07-07-2005, 08:23 PM
cool tell us what u think when u get it.

Terro
07-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Another nice app that works well with Flash is Swift 3D, I had some experianced with it, but only with primitives. I made a arrow out of a cone and cylinder, rendered them all in black with no shadows, so it did the trick. Placing it over a nice sky image and giving it the matrix 360 rotation did for a nice effect and it took about 5 minutes.

I'm not sure how good Swift is with modeling, it has a lathe mode. It's much better then the Cinema 4D flash exported though, i'll tell you that much.

jakiloblanco
07-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Terro, yeah, I still use Flash 4... the whole studio does. I find, or, we find that Flash 4 is much stronger than the upgrades... simply because your lines are nice in Flash 4. On a Mac they are. On a pc they suck. try to draw a quick line in Flash, any flash, on pc, and you'll see what i mean. as soon as you zoom in you see a jagged line where a smooth line should be. I'm not by any means a techie, so I couldn't tell you why that is ... either way, flash is just better on a mac.

as for the speed of my work, just put your setting to 24 frames a second, and you have yourself a realtime playback for your pencil test! what else could you ask for !

thanks for checking it out and all the warm compliments. but in the end, flash is still just a tool. once you learn it, you can do awesome stuff with it. you should see what our fx guy does.. man, i have no idea how he does a tenth of it...

i've never used swift 3d.. but i guess it could be pretty cool :D

NOOB!
07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
dudes how do u get a link in ur signiture without having to type the full link?

Terro
07-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Goto your signature box, for exampletype in WIP and then hightlight it with your mouse, while it's highlighted click on that hyperlink button, has a little chain/link over it. This should bring up a http:// window where you can enter a addy to attach to that text.

calisto-lynn
07-09-2005, 07:03 PM
nice things you've got there, NOOB. i really like the scorpion design. thanx for inviting me in..:D

NOOB!
07-09-2005, 09:02 PM
so what animations u working on linda?

Terro
07-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Noob, my book just arrived, I'll let you guys know what I think about it in a few days. I'm also working on a few Video Photoshop and Flash tutorials. I'll post the links once I'm done with them. Simple stuff but I think it will be helpfull to the new guys. First I need to finish my site.

calisto-lynn
07-11-2005, 07:02 PM
im currently trying to bring one of nebz comic characters to life. this one i like a lot. this is just a test ride. im studying rotations of the head, inking and colouring in anime style. well..havent been doing animations for quite some time.. this is my third time in life..other animations from before i lost, and the were sucky..this week i havent been doing much on them since i have an exam and i have to study alot..:sad: well here is a preview:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/lynndeluctes/a04.jpg

NOOB!
07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
lookin good linda.u really shud get flash mx for ur animations!

terro,hope u like the book,and hope to see at least sum small concepts from u soon.

Terro
07-11-2005, 11:10 PM
terro,hope u like the book,and hope to see at least sum small concepts from u soon.

All depends on the wife, if she lets me free for a few hours I may have something this week. But honestly it's so hard to find the time to do something you love. Everything gets in the way it seams.

jorgy
07-12-2005, 03:15 AM
All depends on the wife, if she lets me free for a few hours I may have something this week. But honestly it's so hard to find the time to do something you love. Everything gets in the way it seams.

I've seen threads on her about finding free time to work on projects. Sometimes, it seems that is a bigger problem than any technical issue or overcoming writer's block. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

NOOB!
07-12-2005, 10:44 PM
well i dunno what ur ambitions are in life,but if u wanna be sum sorta animator/illustrator,i suggest u talk to her now....

Terro
07-12-2005, 11:20 PM
well i dunno what ur ambitions are in life,but if u wanna be sum sorta animator/illustrator,i suggest u talk to her now....

It's not all her fault, truth being I work 10 hours a day with a 1 hour drive each way, so that takes up most of my time. The remaining 4 hours that I do have left each day before I start all over again are hard to distribute. But enough of that

NOOBS! Thank you so much for telling me about that book, I knocked out 70 pages at work today, I learned so so much. I honestly didn't think it would be written in a down to earth tone , but it was. I love this text. I also wasn't aware how many important people were involved in his research. I'm currently learning the extremes and keys, and the inbetweens :) Forget about me doing anything for the next few days, I need to finish reading this great book. One of the best purchases I have made to date.

Thanks again.

NOOB!
07-13-2005, 09:37 AM
great man,u shud try out the bouncin ball.

oh and cos where working in flash,ignore the part about the x-sheets or dope sheets.

heh,just wait till u get to walk cycles...phew.

Jorgy,u need to get the book too!!

kayoto
07-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Great Thread !
I didn't post anything since nothing much to show... but I will whenever I got screenshots from something nice during the making of the Pilot.

Noob! (and everybody else) - can you give some tips about how you're going to draw within Flash ? Pencil/Brush and if you use speicific Zoom or Smooth ...in general will be great to hear the way you get the BEST way you feel comfortable with your FINAL outlines in flash.

NOOB!
07-13-2005, 08:08 PM
i'll tell u when i have a set way of working,right now i'm pretty random.

Terro
07-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I alwasy use the smallest round brush in flash. As to what zoom to work in , it doesn't really matter. Well at first it may appear like it makes a difference but you can scale everything you do without loosing quality. It's all vector. Just go with it man, and pick up that book NOOB recomended, I recommend it too.

kayoto
07-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I alwasy use the smallest round brush in flash. As to what zoom to work in , it doesn't really matter. Well at first it may appear like it makes a difference but you can scale everything you do without loosing quality. It's all vector. Just go with it man, and pick up that book NOOB recomended, I recommend it too.

Actually that's what I've done so far, worked with brush number 2 (almost the smallest) for general outline, switch to the smallest for the small parts (better then play with the zoom in/out) ...and all this I draw in 400% zoom... only then resize the symbole without loose any quality.

I asked this because I wonder if you work in other ways.

Btw - I recommand that book too ! it is amazing, I actually liked the X-Sheet part, it reminds me of Toon Boom Studio a bit, and Cartoon Television Program pro ...I used to work with that long time ago.

BTW - The new release of TOON BOOM STUDIO (Version 3) is out, you may want to check out the trial version, you may like it... I fall in love when it comes to TBS brushes... but if you like the layers in flash more then TBS... stay with flash !

jakiloblanco
07-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Hey Kayoto!

I use the 2nd from smallest brush to animate too! I find it to be the more fun, if you like doing thick to thin lines, it's great. You can get broad strokes and thin strokes.

As for the zoom in.. depends on what you draw... if it's a face, or something with lots of detail, it's always good to zoom in so you don't loose any information. Oh, and try to get used to the keyboard shortcuts. They are invaluable.

Another thing that I find rediculously usefull now is, instead of earasing your lines, "pull" them... if you hold down the shortcut button for the selection arrow, while you're in the brush tool mode, you just pull one of the sides of your lines, and get rid of it. now that I think of it, I never use the eraser at all any more! :D

Have fun!!

kayoto
07-14-2005, 04:20 AM
jakiloblanco - Very cool ! I never tried that way (yeah I use the shortcuts a lot it's a real save time as you said) I will try it, maybe it will get much better results then earsing and ruin the outlines.

BTW - your Avatar is awsome !!
any chance to see some animation you did using that technique within flash ? sound really inspiring... ^_^

Keep up the good work !

jorgy
07-14-2005, 04:32 AM
Jorgy,u need to get the book too!!

Yeah, I'm planning on it because of your recommendation! My most recent purchase was a wacom tablet, but my next is going to be this book!

jakiloblanco
07-14-2005, 04:50 AM
Kayoto, if you want to see my work, just check out my site... everything on there is flash, and I used that way of animating.... you can't really see it, because everything has been cleaned up, but, I just find it more efficient to work that way... :D

Actually, all the Ollie's stuff ( the cartoony stuff) was cleaned up that way... it does make your lines really smoother... and better all around. Much cleaner results.

Oh... I guess the purest form of seeing what I use that technique on IS on my avatar:D pitty you can't raelly see it...

NOOB!
07-14-2005, 06:50 AM
blah! screw toonboom,i'm too used to flash at the moment,i heard flash 8 may be coming soon,with new features such as being able to paint in it etc...

Terro
07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree, it looks like toon boom is all about movie clips and moving them around. I still like the frame by frame hand drawns. BUT... the toon boom camera ability looks great. It would be BAD ASS if flash did something like that, so I wouldn't have to scale stuff just to get a zoom effect.

NOOB!
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
u can actually get zoom effects (like zooming in while sumone is running etc.) by using a regular graphic symbol.

i stay away from movie clips mainly because they only work online,they don't work if u export to dvd or video.

Terro
07-14-2005, 02:28 PM
u can actually get zoom effects (like zooming in while sumone is running etc.) by using a regular graphic symbol.

What do you mean by using a graphics symbol? Unless I'm missing something, you have your drawing , you then have to conver it to a GFX symbol, then once you have everything under the control of the gfx symbol, you can scale it all to get the zoom effect. Thats what I alwasy did, and it works well but it's not percise. I always had problems with making the zoom on the background image look funky. It didn't feel natural.

From what I read in toon boom, you actually have a camera that you use to view your animation, kind of like in any 3d app. You can then just play with the camera options and it does all the scaling for you , keeping the perspecive going witht the lense setting. I think it's a easier system, but I have never used toon boom, I just noticed it on their website. I'm Flash for life.

kayoto
07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I know some of you don't like to hear this but: Toon Boom Studio Kicks Flash ass when it comes to Drawing, (best brush tool in verctor animation so far, more options to control, same technology of OPUS-2 their award winning Studio Animation workstation !) and the camera mode is just something that let you feel free, You build your all Enveriment and pan/zoom as you wish using your camera (very easy and fast results).

Flash have other "extensions" for such Camera or something like that, but still it's not FEELING FREE control as in TBS.

From what I heard about the next Flash, it will be much more Animator Friendly, and a possible that they will add powerfull Brushes/Pencil and Paint tools (as NOOB! already mentioned) also I'm not sure but it seems that they will have an Inverse Kinematics options (like in 3D or if you know MOHO in 2D) ...that is nice, but I'm into Frame by Frame animation so it's not really makes me say "wow" ...Animation is WORK WORK WORK... so if you look for shortcuts.. your animation will look like ...shortcut ;)

NOOB!
07-14-2005, 08:13 PM
yes yes we understand toonboom has better tools,thats cos its actually an animation program,flash is merly for web based projects,and thats what they are looking to change.

flash is good for now,and cheaper.

and i have a link to an action scripted camera for flash if u want it terro.

Terro
07-14-2005, 08:28 PM
They do have a cam for Flash?? How do you know all this... lol. Yes I would appreciate it greatly if you could hook me up with a link to this camera and any other components that you use. I only used the basic flash features.

Guess the only thing I can teach you guys is how to change in movie colors with an external xml file. :)

Flip_Render
07-15-2005, 04:03 AM
2D group was really needed. U can count me in.

We use pencil and paper, and a pegbar lightbox @ school. Then we have 2 linetesters to shoot them for check-up, and after the frames are good they are scanned to toons for cleanup and ink'n paint, and lastly to Toonz Xsheet (the basic traditional/digital workflow).

But I've bee grasping my first short to use a wacom and vector paint in After Effects.. It's really not good for a scetcher like me.. But I wanted it to have this brush- strokey look,, and I don't have time to do a cleaup with a brush on a (transparent) cell, and then scan it for ink'n paint,, so I chose the digital way,, and a long way it has been.. :banghead:

NOOB!
07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
yeh sumones gunna need to explain x-sheets to me eventually,oh and welcome flip.

terro http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2004/08/17/flashhacks.html?page=2

ur gunna have download the source file,the link shud be in the paragraph after the first picture,when u open the file in flash,go to ur library,and just take the camera out.

the rest of that article shud explain how to use it.

Terro
07-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks Noob, the action sript for it looks very simple, I should have known it was possible. Since you used the camera before, is it one of those must haves? I don't think I'll be able to work with out it now that I got it :)

Terro
07-15-2005, 03:15 PM
BTW guys, have any of you though about maybe starting a serious 2d animation forum. I haven't found one out there yet and theres tons of people interested in it, maybe we canset something up. Theres mostly Flash and toon boom forums out there , but nothing deirectly for 2d anime. CG talk is great but Flash and 2d insn't considered seriusly here, if it did it'd have it's own forum.

EDIT: NOOB erase some Pm's, your box is full and I can't send you a message.

NOOB!
07-15-2005, 07:33 PM
sorry terro,its all emptied now.

about ur 2d forum idea,as yet,i'm not to confident about it,we are all amateurs here,and i feel i'd rather have sumthin released first,that would drive me a bit more.if sumone else made it yeh,i'd join up right away.

however a 2d forum here at cgtalk wud be great,allota people are interested in 2d here more than u think.

oh,and about the camera,i'm using it on my movie now,and yeh its pretty great,but in the future i probably won't ,cos again,actionscript doesn't export to dvd or video ggrrrr.hopefully that'll change in the future.

kayoto
07-15-2005, 09:40 PM
2D Animation Forums who splited into many categories (such as 2D Anime, Techniques, Applications etc... but all related to 2D Animation only !) would be awsome...

or just 2D Animation forum in general (we just can make groups to split into Anime or any other styles, less orginized but still very useful) ...Maybe CGTALK will give us a ...Special Place ...? 2D Animators are also... some kind of creatures ! (sometimes even humans !) hehe...

well.. anyway I'm in ! great idea Terro !

Terro
07-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Noob! Couldnt you just use a screen capture app to capture a mpeg of the flash movie on your desktop. Then I think you could publish to DVD and still use action script. Most videocapture apps can capture 100% quality.

Kayoto - Yeah I'm already in the works with the forum. I already run a site that uses vbulletin so setting it up will be a snap. I'm thinking animationforum.net as the domain. I should have it up by mid next week. It'll give us some room to work on 2d stuff and we can concentrate our non 2ed animation work here on CGtalk. I'll keep you guys informed.

jorgy
07-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Noob! Couldnt you just use a screen capture app to capture a mpeg of the flash movie on your desktop. Then I think you could publish to DVD and still use action script. Most videocapture apps can capture 100% quality.

Is there a way to also capture audio?

Terro
07-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Is there a way to also capture audio?

Yeah most screen capture apps automatically capture audio and video together.

NOOB!
07-16-2005, 10:59 AM
2D Animation Forums who splited into many categories (such as 2D Anime, Techniques, Applications etc... but all related to 2D Animation only !) would be awsome...

or just 2D Animation forum in general (we just can make groups to split into Anime or any other styles, less orginized but still very useful) ...Maybe CGTALK will give us a ...Special Place ...? 2D Animators are also... some kind of creatures ! (sometimes even humans !) hehe...

well.. anyway I'm in ! great idea Terro !

no i don't think splitting into anime and other styles is good at all,in the end its all animation....maybe sub forums.

Vahn
07-21-2005, 12:20 AM
mhhm im very interested in animation myself ... so far i just made little tests with ps & after effects ... but not much really as i devote my freetime atm to improve my lousy 2d drawing/painting skills ... but ill get that book when im back from my holiday and ill keep a look out for what you are doing ... maybe i can contribute somehow :D

i planned to learn flash this autumn when i begin graphics design school

cool that you set this up & Jaques your demo reel is very good :D

NOOB!
07-21-2005, 10:47 AM
oh...we've set up allota more than u think vahn,just wait...mwuahaha.

thanks for joining us btw.

Terro
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Well I guess it's time me and Noob can let you guys Beta Test our baby. The doors officially open on the 15th of August. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but the main forum is now stable and good to go.

All you 2D freaks now have a dedicated community :)

Animation Forum (http://www.animationforum.net/) - Follow this link, register , and let us know what you think.

NOOB!
08-14-2005, 09:28 PM
the forum layout has been updated.

www.animationforum.net (http://www.animationforum.net)

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2005, 09:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.