PDA

View Full Version : A simple newbie question

dawsonbob
07-05-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm sure this is really, really simple, but I can't find an answer in the manual. I have drawn a helix, made the spline editable, copied it and rotated the copy 180 degrees. Now I want to connect the end points of the two splines so I can do a sweep nurbs on the entire spline.

I cannot figure out how to connect the two end points, nor can I find it in the manual: can anyone help? I'm feeling really stupid having to ask this, but I do need the help.

I'm using version 8.2.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Dawson

AdamT
07-06-2005, 12:05 AM
First you have to make the two spline objects one by multiselecting them and running Functions>Connect. Now you have to select the newly-created spline and enter points mode. Select the end points you want to connect and run Structure>Edit spline>Join segment.

dawsonbob
07-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Thanks, Adam. That did the trick...I should have known that one. That was so simple that I really do feel like a fool (hanging my head in shame).

Thanks again,
Bob Dawson

First you have to make the two spline objects one by multiselecting them and running Functions>Connect. Now you have to select the newly-created spline and enter points mode. Select the end points you want to connect and run Structure>Edit spline>Join segment.

AdamT
07-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Nah, it's not *that* obvious. :)

Glyptic
07-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Hi, Adam,
Another noobie question......
Is it the same proceedure in V9.102?
I'm inching up on some similar tasks.........
Thanks in advance......
larry

dawsonbob
07-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, thanks for trying to make me feel better, but it's so simple that I should have figured it out. I've been an illustrator for thirty years and I've been using another 3D app for quick and dirty stuff for about 5. I've had C4D for several years, but I'm just now taking the time to really get into it. Obviously, I have a lot to learn.

Thanks again, Adam.
Bob Dawson

Nah, it's not *that* obvious. :)

AdamT
07-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Hi Larry,
Yes, it should be the same in 9.102.

Bob,
Okay, beat yourself up if you want to. (Nah, don't! :))

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2005, 06:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.