PDA

View Full Version : lighting on rigid bind with lattice

Bitterpea
07-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I have a rigid bind with lattice joint deformers. When the joints bend, the light doesn't change on the object. In the attached image, the value of the hair has the correct lighting. The light direction on the skin is directly in front of the face. (I unbound the hair to show this, so the hair was doing the same thing.)
This happens in the viewport as well as the renders.

The characters are imported from Poser, so they are not indigenous to maya.

I cannot find anything different between the connections and a Maya setup's connections, except for:
Poser: The ffd node is connected to polyShape.inmesh through a group Parts node,
Maya: The ffd node is connected directly to the polyShape.inmesh.
I re-did this to match the maya setup (and several other things) but it didn't correct the problem.
It still happens when delete the lattice joint deformers, or when I rotate the lattice.

Any ideas on what would cause the light not to update on deformations would be appreciated!

Dialector
07-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I also import quite a few models from poser. The only issue I ever had was normals problems. I would deform the model and a dark part would stay dark, or turn it and it all turns dark because of locked normals. If it is normals, you can unlock the normals then set all to 180 soft to get rid of the faceted look. I never had a model import from poser that did not have normals issues.

Bitterpea
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
You're my hero. Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.