PDA

View Full Version : Derek Bledsoe-Animation Session 13 - Sound File

bledsoed
07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh yah, i have only done a few animation sessions, but you can definatly count me in on this one, seeing as how back to the future is my #1 all time favorite movie.
I will do some thumbs tonight and try to post some updates tomarrow

Good luck everyone

Derek

bledsoed
07-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Ok here is my first pass at thumbs for what i am going for. this is only for marty as i am having a hard time trying to think of something for doc to do during the 10 or so seconds marty is talking, i am trying to stay away from the cliche so if anyone has any ideas they would like to share please do... As for the poses with marty they are just some ideas, and i am not completley satisfied by any means, and if anyone sees more room for improvement let me know.

Thanks
Derek

bledsoed
07-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Ok in the middle of the night i came up with an idea for doc. while marty is giving his lines i am planning on having doc messing around under the hood of a car, you'll see parts being flung out and such, then he will jump into what i have thumbed out.

I am going to start posing out my shot today and see how far i get.

Remi
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Good thumbs. I think the pose for "doc" could use some work but you can try some different things when you get to blocking...I struggled alot with mine...hated them actually. But they got me started...just messing around with poses in maya now...trying to get it to feel right. Keep it up man.

bledsoed
07-11-2005, 01:50 AM
Ok i have begon roughing out my poses, i only have done the first part of what marty is saying, and haven't payed much attention to hands and eyes, im just working out the rough body poses. unfortuantly cant work on it anymore tonight. need to spend some time with the family.

Rough pose pass 1 (http://www.derekbledsoe.com/WIP/TM_DB_Pose_pass1.qt)

Hopefully i will get some time tomorrow during work, to finish out martys poses.
As always any suggestions to make it better is appreciated.

thanks

tuna
07-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Off to a good start :) I see what you mean about the same end pose between our animations :sad: Although they may seem similar in the thumbs, it'll be interesting if they actually hold out the same throughout the animation :)

Even the doc messing about with the engine (or a sack of radioactive rubble in my case) is similar, haha. Oh dear, nevermind. Keep it up!

Remi
07-11-2005, 07:38 PM
it looks good so far.....nothing to crit really, keep going:buttrock:

bledsoed
07-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Ok so works been consuming a lot of time, but i managed to work a few hours today on it, i am hoping to work more tonight, as well as tomorrow, hopefully by tomorrow i will have started filling in more of the animation.

Time Machine Update2 (http://www.derekbledsoe.com/WIP/TM_DB_Pose_pass2.qt)

Anyways always wanting to hear what i can do to make it look better.
Thanks

Derek

Remi
07-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Looking good derek....I really like the settle pose at the end...him being crouched at the beginning feels a bit odd to me but I think it works still. Other than that, good stuff...look forward to seeing more. :)

bledsoed
07-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Ok i found a few hours today to work on this animation. of course still has a long ways to go, and of course comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Just a note, haven't messed around too much with loosening the arms and wrists up yet, holding off on that part until i am satisfied with the torso.

Hmmm. ok the add link button isn't working for me now, so you will have to copy and paste this into your browser

http://www.derekbledsoe.com/WIP/TM_DB_Pose_pass3.qt

Thanks for taking a look

Derek

bledsoed
07-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Ok made it a little further today, not much, but its better then nothing.
As always crits are welcome.
Thanks for looking
http://www.derekbledsoe.com/WIP/TM_DB_Pose_pass4.qt
Derek

Remi
07-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey Derek...looking good man...I like how he kind of pulls away in disbelief. Keep going...i'd like to see the other half as well:)

AmirP
07-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Wow, very good animation you've got there :thumbsup:

I really like the way he looks away while the hand is still showing he's thinking about it, The only think I had a problem with was the first pose, it doesnt seem to have the right weight to it, and also after that pose he takes two small steps which seems kind of strange

bledsoed
07-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the great feedback.
[AmirP] Its getting too far in to make drastic changes, esspecially since i have yet to start doc, and the facial. But the reason i have him take two steps is, well thats what i did eveytime i acted it out. i agree about what you say about the first pose, i will go back and see if i can tweak it some more to really sell the weight of that pose.

[Remi] thanks for the feedback, i too want to see the second half as well...lol

Agian thanks all for taking the time to look.

Derek

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 03:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.