PDA

View Full Version : First time storyboarder!

Zephyri
07-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, I've had a longstanding interest in both writing and art, and have recently almost finished my first full length novel. I've always greatly admired storyboarders for their ability to tell a story in quick, simple drawings, in particular those who have story boarded for movies. So, as a minor challenge for myself, to try and loosen up my drawing style without references, I decided to have a shot at storyboarding a piece of the final chapter I'm writing. There's only a couple of sheets this far, and I probably spent too long on them (somewhere between 3.5 - 4 hours for the two), but I'd love to hear any views from those who do this kind of thing professionally.

The basic scene is that the two people, male and female are alone in the building at night, watching tv when the alarm goes off unexpectedly... the boxes run left to right, down, left to right, etc etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/xephyri/cgtalk%20images/storyboard1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/xephyri/cgtalk%20images/storyboard2.jpg

groutcho
07-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Good work ! :thumbsup: Simple enough to draw quickly, and detailed enough to catch the essence of the plot. Nothing to add.

- Groutcho

mosconariz
07-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Very nice work Zephyri! I have made some storyboards for clients, but yours are better! hehehe... dunno if that's good 4 ya or bad 4 me... how long did they took?

SawInx
11-25-2005, 02:03 PM
But, I just had to say your boards are pretty good, the only problem I see is aspect ratio for framing, I see that some frames are rectangulare and the others are squares, it kind of makes it look like a comic book, remember when doing a storyboard you work with frames that all have same same aspect ratio, so it indicates to the person viewing what it's for, example T.V., film.

Here's some ratios:

T.V.-1x1.33 (ex: 3x1.33=3.99, 3inx4in)
inEuropean proj.-1x1.66
American proj.-1x1.85
Widescreen-1x2.35

Keep up the good work.

monkey-sage
11-29-2005, 12:35 AM
I cant read the writing so I dont know if you commented on this or not...
but I can't tell in the last two panels if the movement means he moves out of one frame and into the next, or if the camera pans as he moves.

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2005, 12:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.