PDA

View Full Version : MR ignoring keyed visibility..???

Arcon
07-05-2005, 04:26 AM
mmk. i have an object with visibility keyed off at a certain time, problem is MR renders it visible throughout the animation anyway. in the viewport and still image render it renders correctly (invisible), but when i do a batch render from the prompt its still there!!! argh!!

is mental ray screwing something up or am i just stoopid? :)

i guess i could solve this problem buy keying the translate of the object at that frame to be off camera, but that's pretty lame.

Arcon
07-05-2005, 04:49 AM
ok this gets even weirder... it might not the object's visibility that's the problem...

the scene setup is a character is throwing something, there's an object in his hand which is keyed invisible as he throws it, and what's happening is a third "ghost" object is being rendered and left behind at the throw point.. but its still exclusive to batch rendering which is bizare. dunno what to make of this but hopefully i'll figure it and post the result here... and look incredibly foolish afterwards :)

T-R
07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
check off prune invisible parts in mr render globals,

Arcon
07-05-2005, 09:02 AM
thanks :) another one of those odd things in maya that are enabled by default :/

rastapopoulos
07-05-2005, 09:54 AM
I can't find this option. Can you explain in which subdirectories i can find it please.

Arcon
07-05-2005, 10:06 AM
I can't find this option. Can you explain in which subdirectories i can find it please.

its in MR globals > translation > performance

I checked help and the option is now called "Optimize non-animated display visibility", turned on by default.

rastapopoulos
07-06-2005, 08:48 AM
oh, ok i find it Thank you very much!

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2005, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.