PDA

View Full Version : Which way to go point to point or box modelling ?

bobfischer
07-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Gday mates !, :) for a beginner like me would you guys recommend doing the Chevy tutorial first before attempting the Audi S3 tutorial i remember somewhere someone saying that you have more control over the point to point method rather than the conventional box modelling like that of the chevy i would like to hear some of your thoughts on this matter cheers guys !?

AdamT
07-05-2005, 03:48 AM
I'd say it's a question of personal preference. Try both methods and see which suits you better. More likely you'll discover that one method is better for some things and the other for other things.

Neil V
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
The only advice I can give you is to maybe try using punctuation in your sentences.

Neil V

Vozzz
07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Where is that chevy tutorial?

LucentDreams
07-05-2005, 11:46 PM
very rare now that most modelers soley do one of the other its usually one dmoninant but a bit of both, really its the only logical way to model.

Neoklassik
07-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Try looking in the tips/tutorials section in this forum for some good tutes.
I always liked the Joan of Arc tute. It's for Max but the concepts are universal.
My bookmark is for the french one looks like. I think there's an English version though it's pretty easy to grasp even if you don't read french if you know cinema's tools.

http://mr2k.3dvf.net/tutorials/max/tutorials_joan.htm

Silverdog
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
DV81: Try both, you will probably wind up using both. My personal favorite is point to point.:thumbsup:

Vozzz: Chevy tut: http://www.7thchamber.com/tutorials/Chev/index.htm :thumbsup:

Kent

Rabbitroo
07-06-2005, 01:18 AM
I learned originally learned point to point and now use a hybrid of both as it suits the model I need to build. You can't go wrong getting practice with both.

-K

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2005, 01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.