PDA

View Full Version : Go For Profesional Scriptwriting... but how?

Tughan
07-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi there my friends. I'm wondering something about that maybe some profesional Script/Story writer guys here could help me with their advices.

Well... I'm actually an 3D Animator. But even before I got into CG I write Movie Scripts for fun. I didn't go any Academic School or something like that. I'm just a guy with funny imagination. :D I usualy write Science-Fiction, Thrillers. Movies like Usual Suspects, Memento, Blade Runner, or Strange Days really inspired me to write Stories. But I didn't go further with them. But people around me (close friends) are encouraging me to keep it up and I'm also enjoy writing very much.

I recently seen the Trailer of Michael Bay's upcoming movie The Island. I shocked when I watch it first because I did write exactly that Story/Idea around 1999-2000. It was just the idea. I tell it a couple of friends, thats it. But that made me realize why couldn't be one of my next stories made into Hollywood movies? It is possible allright.

The thing is; I don't know what steps I should be taking to realize that? I'm not into looking for earning big bucks in return. (although it would be cool heheh) I just want to learn your advices about how to reach producers or directors or whatever with my Ideas/Scripts so they can make movies like I want. :) Or what?

Thanks in advance...

Manuel Ponce
07-05-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm in no position to give you any advise, but my friends are Screenplay writers meaning they've already sold some scripts. What they've told me is first off you have to have the propper format for the Screenplay your working on, simply because if its the wrong format its gonna wined up in the trash. Second, if you want to register your idea or script, register it at the Screenwriters guild.

And once you have a completed Screenplay, get yourself an agent, he'll work to get your scipt sold, and he'll advise you on what type of contracts are available. My only advise is get yourself the book screenplay, it helped me out a bit.

MystikGotan
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Looks like you can come up with a bunch of great ideas :) Well I'm not sure if this is alowed, but hop to www.studentfilms.com (http://www.studentfilms.com). These are a bunch of student filmmakers and a lot of them have experience in writing and stuff and really know what to do.

Gotan

Tughan
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Thank you my friends. I know how to write Screenplay format. But just from examples. Never present any screenplay to anybody to consider. I usualy write like a novel. Story structure, events, etc. But yes, I think I'll need them properly written screenplay format anyway before showing to anyone. That's not a problem anyway.

MystikGotan, I'll definately check out www.studentfilms.com (http://www.studentfilms.com/) . Thanks man. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.