PDA

View Full Version : My animated Feature: Preview

grafikdon
07-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Here's the first five minutes of my animated feature (LightWave).

C&C always welcome.

Here ya go:

http://www.mayhemproductions.org/SneakPeek.htm

Kid-Mesh
07-04-2005, 06:44 PM
You have put a lot of effort into this man kudos to you. I'm also glad to see it shaping up quite nicely, it provided a few me a few chuckles as well with the some of the "help me dialogue".

I find it pleasantly interesting to see how you're able to bring the african culture to life through your CG work, very cool. And the music score seemed to fit it quite nicely.

My only crit would be to revisit some of the animations to give them a feeling of weight where needed, etc. Other than that, looks great and you have a cool style. Keep it up...only 70 minutes left to go :twisted:

Shade01
07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey man, that is a TON of work you've put into that, I enjoyed it! My only crit would that your animations often 'drift' inbetween keyframes giving them a floaty feeling sometimes, but if you can work on that it'll make something special even better!

DarkSkills
07-07-2005, 03:29 AM
Well done! The environments (jungle, huts, etc.) are top notch, as are your character designs! I agree with the others in that some of the animations need to be "tweeked", but beyond that I'm looking forward to the finished production. Keep pushin' on:thumbsup:

grafikdon
07-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Well done! The environments (jungle, huts, etc.) are top notch, as are your character designs! I agree with the others in that some of the animations need to be "tweeked", but beyond that I'm looking forward to the finished production. Keep pushin' on:thumbsup:

Thanks man...I am working on the animation part at the moment. Yup, I am pushing alright (hope I am pushing out my eyeballs).

btw. diggin your stuff.

grafikdon
07-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Thanks for your time fellas. I have noted all your observations and I have been making changes ever since.

Yup, I have been tweaking for the last couple of days and honestly...a little tweaking goes a long way. Reminds me of when i used to paint portraits. Each time it appeared unnaceptable, I'd let it lay idle for days and when I get back, it would be easy to figure out what went wrong.

Been tweaking with good results.

@ Kid Mesh...bwahahahahahaha...70 more minutes...whew! I believe I got 45 minutes but by the time I am done with the tweaking and dusting up, I sure will end up with 40 minutes. Now I am not sure about the 75 'cause from what I am seeing on the last part of the storyboard, I don't see anything more than 30 minutes coming out of it. Can't extend the boards either...my eyes are already popping outta the sockets. I think I will finally settle for 70...well..uhhh...70 minutes is still a feature I guess.

Let me divert my own thread...

Hey Shade01, juicy stuff you got with the whole alliance with that studio.

frank10
07-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Very good work!

Nice style, good music and atmosphere.
A bit out of sync when the woman breaths.

What did you use making trees, clouds and which type of render to obtain the anime look?

grafikdon
07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Very good work!

Nice style, good music and atmosphere.
A bit out of sync when the woman breaths.

What did you use making trees, clouds and which type of render to obtain the anime look?

Thanks, man.

Like I said, I am on a 'tweaking spree'. :)

I used unreal cel painter to render the characters. Clip map was used on most the foliages, especially the palm leaves.

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.