PDA

View Full Version : showroom style lighting

assistant pimp
07-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Anyone know of a good tutorial for getting that showroom style lighting most commonly seen in car ads? I'll try to see if I can find an example to show, but its that lighting where there seems to be like panels above the subject?

DickBoot
07-04-2005, 08:59 AM
here i explained a little bit how i did the McLaren...hope it helps

http://forum.simplylightwave.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3861&highlight=mclaren

assistant pimp
07-04-2005, 05:39 PM
thank you for that link.....

blaqDeaph
07-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Yea, often times there is panels above the cars that help with reflecting lights.

A simple way to mimic this is simply to create 4 boxes that have no height

X X

X X

Above the car, and scale up/down accordingly. Crank up the reflectivness and you have the reflective panels that you need.

jasonfox
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
I agree with using white rectangular polygons to create hilite reflections, but if you crank up the reflectivity on the car too high it will end up looking extremely fake !

I have a found a better option is to increase the luminosity of the white polys, sometimes to over 100%, this makes them much stronger in the reflections without having to increase the reflectivity of the car body.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.