PDA

View Full Version : Mr. BALL rig for MAX

marktsang
07-04-2005, 06:32 AM
hi,
having seen alot of mister ball from animation mentor students i decided to rig him up for MAX
couldnt be bothered redesigning him as i liked the AM design. Thanks to Bobby Beck for letting me copy the AM design. its quite a simple rig with ik legs, reverse feet and some simple squash and stretch for the legs and body. enjoy!

find it on my site under downloads-rigs-maxballierigv1.0.zip

http://www.sitesled.com/members/marktsang/

http://www.sitesled.com/members/marktsang/images/rigs/maxballie.jpg

cheers

mark tsang

hrydek
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot, will do excellent for beginners.

Tughan
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks a lot Mark. I was looking for Max version of Stu & Mr. Ball rigs last week. I was gonna try to make them myself. :) It's great that you think about it too. Well done my friend...:thumbsup:

scrimski
07-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks a lot

KINGOMONKEY
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the file,

however when i open it in max 6 i get this error message (see attached) plus a whole load of other errors that i presume are linked to this.

hope you can help

Thanks in advance

marktsang
07-09-2005, 01:39 PM
however when i open it in max 6 i get this error message (see attached) plus a whole load of other errors that i presume are linked to this.

do a search on your max cds, for attribute_holder.ms and copy it into your plugins foder or stdplugins folder or your scripts/startup folder

its a empty scripted modifier used to hold custom attributes

Thanks a lot Mark. I was looking for Max version of Stu & Mr. Ball rigs last week. I was gonna try to make them myself. :) It's great that you think about it too. Well done my friend...:thumbsup:

cheers tughan, i just hope some people get some use out of it :)

mark tsang

Mahlon
07-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks, marktsang, for the cool rig and model. I started a little animation to test him out, but I've noticed that some of the controls seems to stop working after a while. I thought it might have something to do with the ranges of the custom attributes or wiring, but it happens on the heel control of the left foot, for instance, which has no wiring or custom attributes. But I noticed the same was true for squash and stretch.

Example would be: I have three keyframes set on the heel rotation (left foot) at frames 0, 4, and 8. At some point when I came back to add a rotation at near frame 140, the heel control has seem to stop working. If i do the same experiment with the right foot heel control, it works fine.

Here's the file if you'd like to see if it happens for you. Thanks if you have any ideas.

Mahlon Bouldin

EDIT: Some more experimentation and I find that the heel won't rotate only when the AUTO KEY or SET KEY button is 'on'. Rotates fine when they are off. Wierd.

marktsang
07-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks, marktsang, for the cool rig and model. I started a little animation to test him out, but I've noticed that some of the controls seems to stop working after a while. I thought it might have something to do with the ranges of the custom attributes or wiring, but it happens on the heel control of the left foot, for instance, which has no wiring or custom attributes. But I noticed the same was true for squash and stretch.as usual it is the ranges of the controllers

expression controllers, parameter wires and script controllers all have their ranges set to the current timline length when assigned - they will not work outside of thier ranges so you need to reset their ranges and make them longer. i would recommend set wired ranges script from scriptspot to fix. set to all objects and put a nice long range on it. (the actual helper object that contains the parameter wiring controller is hidden at the start)

mark

Mahlon
07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks very much for the help. I thought it had something to do with that, but I didn't know how to get to the controllers to change their lengths.

Mahlon

Tughan
07-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Mahlon,

Unhide all objects first. Then go to the Graph Editors menu, select Trackview - Dope Sheet... and click ranges icon to see... well, ranges. :)

Hope it helps

cecofuli
07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Many thank's!!!

Thank's for thys toy

Bye!

IkerCLoN
07-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the file, Mark! We owe you a beer ;)

Mahlon
07-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks Tughan,
Stupid me, I totally forgot that many objects were hidden in the file. It's a great little character. Can practice timing, just focusing on the legs and hips. Now to go back and see about throwin in some of that squash/stretch.

Mahlon

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2005, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.