PDA

View Full Version : Curious question

mdunakin
07-04-2005, 01:52 AM
I'm curious, as to why some (a fair amount, really) of the images that are on display at the e-on web site look like they haven't any Antialiasing done to them?
Is this the normal look of the renderer?
Or do people just don't feel like rendering out better renders?
I wouldn't think they'd want to post renders that look like this?

Anyway, I still wish Tuesday would hurry and get here, so I can order my Vue 5 :)
Can't do squat till the bank clears my monies though, so oh well.
Guess I "should" be enjoying the 4th weekend here in San Diego,
but hey, it's too hot outside anyway LOL

...................md :)

Mike.H
07-04-2005, 11:03 AM
if an image is using aa or not is completely up to the artist, the price as you know is alittle more render time, so ask the artists why they didnt implemented any aa or increased it more, who knows perhaps they were satisfied with the quality or felt that increasing the render time with x unknown minutes/hours woudnt be worth it.

which images/renders were you thinking about btw? (just curious)

mdunakin
07-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi Mike, here's one sample, though not from the e-on site, as you can find them there
just by browsing their site, but here's a sample that it looks like how I see quite
a lot of images look without the AA
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=993961&Start=1&Sectionid=3&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNew=Yes

Or something's going on?
And this "effect" that you see in this example is the type I see in the others I'm
refering to that look as though they didn't finish rendering them or something?

Or this one, where it looks like the grass wasn't AA:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Community/Spotlights/eran%20dinur/bali8large2.jpg
Or the trees in this one, where it looks like they're ful of hot spots from no AA:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue5infinite/images/panorama.jpg

Or this one, where the whole image looks totally great, and then the palm
trees, n the forground mostly, ruin the effect by looking all jagged:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue5infinite/images/tropicalcove.jpg

I'm not picking on any of these BTW, as the images themselves are fantastic,
just curious as why someone would want to post up samples of their work
when it doesn't look as good as it could look with just a better setting
or whatever added to it. Especially the images that are from the e-on site,
where they're supposed to be showing off the "best" they have to offer,
and not unfinished looking artworks.

But, this is all subjective, I'm sure, as other's maybe don't
see these images as I am seeing them?

And in the Galleries, almost all of those renderings look fine.
And there ARE some truely awesome works out there too!

anyway, I hope I can do at least half as good as these images........md :)

Wabe
07-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Sorry to say, but all the links (beside the Renderosity one) do not work here. Can you please check them so that we can see what you mean?

Mike.H
07-05-2005, 01:16 PM
the eon links do work wabe, but you have to highlight the url once it finished loading and hit enter again.

well mdunakin i do agree with you that the images you did post has some graininess or what to call it, i would say that itīs part lightning, part render settings(big part) and part render time that makes it look like that in those still renders, could they have improved those renders even more, sure they could but that would be @ the cost of time, and keep in mind that e.ons "advertising" renders arent made by e.on themselves they are (most of them anyway or to be honest everyone i know of) made by users (and beta testers) like you and me and e.on just happened to like them and decided to use them as advertisement so no oneīs paying those guys to create those renders for e.on (which would explain why people woudnt go back and perfect some of those fine looking renders)

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2005, 01:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.