PDA

View Full Version : 17th century showman - WIP

capone_adam
07-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm really stuck with this, I don't like the hair. At moment the sideburns are 4 planes in a venetian blinds arrangment (alphamapped), the main hair is a seperate object. I've tried adding alpha mapped planes for spikes and such but it looks too flat for high poly. I cannot use hair plugins (especially in the time I have to do this) and so was wondering if anyone has any idea what you would do to make hair that fits with the cartoony style of this character?

thanks

http://www.caponeart.com/del4.jpg

Tagill
07-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Iím not to sure on how high poly you would like to go but for a lower poly character I would say do what you did with the sideburns but have the planes do a criss cross so that way no matter from where you look it would look good as long as you use a good alpha this should also look good on a midd high poly

and or you can just have the odd faces sticking out to add more depth but again need to have nice alpha

also if you deside to do it this way make sure you add some to the other hair on his face so they have the same feel

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2005, 11:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.