PDA

View Full Version : rain and volumetric clouds

sara_qq
07-03-2005, 10:13 AM
hi:
i was wondering if it is possible to create rain and volumetric clouds in vue infinite. also if there is a way to create drops of water on plants.

if not directly, maybe thorugh cinema4d or lightwave? somebody tried?

thanks in advance.

emu007
07-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Id try it. I took a plant and change the leavetexture into an ecosystem. I just used a stone to try, but you can build your own waterdropobject instead. But to restrict the dropobjects to the leaves texture, Ill need the alphatexture of the leafe. Well, i just cant find it. But this could be a good way to do this...... .

Emu007

videodv
07-03-2005, 03:38 PM
I have used cinema's basic emiter to produce a series of tests to simulate rain and waterfalls and they both work fine in infinite but the real problem is that you end up with no depth as the animation map produced in cinema and placed in inifite is only a 2d plane view, so while it works ok if you place the map for some shots I found it to be a limited aproach to most scenes. (roll on a particle system in infinite).

You can do volumatic clouds already in vue, you can use the one supplied or make the clouds yourself by using a sphere and the cloud mat on an eco system.

videodv.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2005, 03:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.