PDA

View Full Version : Textures

Arenyth
07-02-2005, 09:30 PM
I keep getting bombarded with these texture heavy images, and they look absolutely wonderful. But where do these textures come from? I know about like, crack in the wall textures, but I mean more than that. For those of you using texture in your images, where do you get them? Are you creating brushes by messing around with settings? I use Painter IX, if that helps. Any information you can give will be much appreciated.

NOOB!
07-02-2005, 09:32 PM
photoshop is best for texturing.

nebezial on this forum will help u out on that.....look for him.

nebezial
07-02-2005, 09:36 PM
thank you mr advertising lol:D ... when i saw this thread i just had to see and to may great dissapointment it is painter. i use photoshop cause i find it much more precise to control but then again dont get me wrong painter is a frickin awesome program. still sorry that i cant help u but since i got me a demo painter 8 with my tablet ill try to explore it and ill be back then, seeya:thumbsup:

Arenyth
07-03-2005, 12:33 AM
No! Crap, I should have mentioned I do have PS CS, but I just don't find the use for it as much as I do Painter. But if thats where the good stuff comes from, please! Tell me!

NOOB!
07-03-2005, 09:13 AM
u are very free to paint ur painting in painter,lol,when ur finished just get the file and open it in p.s so u can tweek it in there.

theres loads of options,texture brushes,emboss,but i don't really use textures so i wudn't know too much,hopefully sumone else can help u out.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2005, 09:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.