PDA

View Full Version : Performances Problem on 3Ds Max 7

Halford
07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone,

here it comes.....I'm working on a scene and I'm creating a fire/smoke effect to be used on a video.

I'm just building the molecule of the smoke with geosphere and scatter....from there I have a very slow response (Max actually freez for minutes)...Well..actually, just after i add the sphere-scatter to the Blob Objects of the BlobMesh.

On the Task Manager Max is using 99% of CPU and 103MB ram.....

I don't think to be on a very complex moment of my modelling....but it is not possible to work like this....

My pc is:

AMD 3200+
2x1G Corsair XMS
Asus A7N8x-e Deluxe
PSU 440W
ATI 9800XT256MB
Seagate Barracuda 120GB
Lascie Ext.HD 250

Thanks for any help.

Hal.

PS:
Before I had 1 giga of kingston Value Ram...and had problem on 400Mhz so I changed with Corsair as I was Advised by Kingston about incompatibility. Corsair works fine but not on Battlefield2, it crash as it did on Kingston...could it be my Asus board?

Nils
07-03-2005, 09:56 AM
-On the Task Manager Max is using 99% of CPU and 103MB ram.....

Are you sure max is done thinking? Does the amount of memory used continue to increase? If it does, the problem is that the effect you are creating is to complex. You are either using to many particles, or the geometry you are trying to scatter, has to many polygons. Split your effect up in passes. A pass for smoke, one for debri etc. .....

-Before I had 1 giga of kingston Value Ram...and had problem on 400Mhz so I changed -with Corsair as I was Advised by Kingston about incompatibility. Corsair works fine but -not on Battlefield2, it crash as it did on Kingston...could it be my Asus board?

Regarding the crash during BF2. Is your system running at stock speed? or is it overclocked. If you have overclocked any parts, reverse them to normal. If that is not it, then try to update the gfx drivers (or downgrade them to a prior version, if the problem happened after an update).

regards
Nils

lots
07-03-2005, 10:17 AM
BF2 is quirky. It crashes often, and when it does it leaves no error message. It simply just exits the game. Many people have this problem, including me. I believe it is something wrong with BF2 in this case.

Granted it is sort of random when this occurs. I could play fine for 8+ hours, and the next day it wont run but 3 seconds before crashing. There is most likely a patch coming to fix these problems.

Halford
07-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks Lots, you rassure me for BF2 :D

Nils, that was my problem, the ram was not growing...was still, but CPU on 99%.

I solved the issue...I re installed 3Ds and works fine.

For BF2....It's strange 'cos with FSB 400 it crash twice out of tree, but with 333 it doesn't crash at all.....I wonder....

Now I have another problem....my mask does not seems to work on the picture I created....

I made a mask to avoid the animation going over some places.....it does not take count of it...
:(

Well We Will See....

Thanks for the replies

Hal.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2005, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.