PDA

View Full Version : xdugef?

gruntregistration
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Uhm... Hi!

Well I’ve just joined, and wanted to ask you about a thing called “Xdugef”. What is it? Is it a modeling technique? A program? An internal joke that I’ll never be able to comprehend?

PS: I know that you already talked about this subject… and while I was looking at the previous threads, I just became more confused :/

leigh
07-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Read "The Da Vinci Code" and you might figure it out ;)

ThomasMahler
07-02-2005, 11:46 AM
You're posting in a CG Board and you don't even know _that_? Xdugef to all of you!

gruntregistration
07-02-2005, 01:19 PM
You're posting in a CG Board and you don't even know _that_? Xdugef to all of you!

Maybe you could enlighten me ? :D

ThomasMahler
07-03-2005, 10:37 AM
It's the force, lad. The force!

Stahlberg
07-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Yes it's a joke, of course. As you've probably guessed by now. I suppose you could call it an 'insider joke', I find that concept annoying for some reason, don't know why. Maybe my mother was scared by one when she was carrying me.

Don't know how it got started, doubt anyone does, a misspelling, a joke, some hypothetical modeling workflow, who cares. People - mostly beginners - started asking questions and the people who knew it was nothing thought it was funny to lead them on.

Maybe it symbolizes the amateurs' search for the Magic Button, the silver bullet that will turn everything around and make their work like a pros too. This attitude can sometimes annoy pros, and maybe it explains why, still,
XDUGEF LIVES

(sadly I think even after reading this some beginners will suspect that I'm trying to hide the truth of xdugef because I'm unwilling to share all my "secrets"... :) )

ThomasMahler
07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Maybe it symbolizes the amateurs' search for the Magic Button, the silver bullet that will turn everything around and make their work like a pros too. This attitude can sometimes annoy pros, and maybe it explains why, still,
XDUGEF LIVES

(sadly I think even after reading this some beginners will suspect that I'm trying to hide the truth of xdugef because I'm unwilling to share all my "secrets"... :) )

Shhht! You shall not talk about the almighty, storied Make Shrek Button!

gruntregistration
07-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Yes it's a joke, of course. As you've probably guessed by now. I suppose you could call it an 'insider joke', I find that concept annoying for some reason, don't know why. Maybe my mother was scared by one when she was carrying me.

Don't know how it got started, doubt anyone does, a misspelling, a joke, some hypothetical modeling workflow, who cares. People - mostly beginners - started asking questions and the people who knew it was nothing thought it was funny to lead them on.

XDUGEF LIVES

Oh, thanks... that post was all i needed :bounce:

Thank you :D

Matt-Clark
07-13-2005, 10:21 AM

Good red-herring Steve.. the secret it safe!

lazzhar
07-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Good red-herring Steve.. the secret it safe!

Now I can go sleeping.

paintbox
07-24-2005, 02:32 PM
I remember there being a program called XdugeF a whiiiillleee back (say 98-99) where one could create 3D objects by using profiles. (A kind of spline modelling) It was a japanese program. It had screenshots.

I don't know if it was ever released or what happened to it. Google only turns up XdugeF results with CGTalk , :)

Anyway, more info here :
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Xdugef

and here:
http://www.geocities.com/lponstel/

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2005, 02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.