PDA

View Full Version : how do you add an image to a window?

ant_sutton
07-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Hi guys.

I have a large window for an interior scene and I want to make it loom like there is an evironment outside. Do you add an image as an image map to the window model or do you use image world or is there another way?

thanks alot for any help

lsals

blaqDeaph
07-02-2005, 02:01 AM
You might want to create a box or disc object that encircles the entire object (including the window), then use an image map on it. This gives a better effect than plastering the imagemap on the window

ant_sutton
07-02-2005, 02:10 AM
hi, thanks for the quick reply. I'm sure I'm being stupid here but not sure what you mean by encircling the whole object. Do you mean create a box outside the window to image map? I also have an area light outside the window, so wont a box outside the room affect the light?

thanks again

lsals

Eddie_rossi
07-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I think he mean's like you said, make a square, or for a kewler effect a half sphere, and add the image to it.. and put it right next to your window, or even move it a bit further for your likings. And I believe with translucency at 100%, it won't affect the light...

ant_sutton
07-02-2005, 06:12 PM
ahh yea of course, thanks for clarifying eddie. Half sphere sounds interesting too

cheers

lsals

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.