PDA

View Full Version : helicopter for review

souparnika
07-01-2005, 07:14 AM
hi,
its d first time i modelled and textured a lowpoly helicopter(6703!)
max+pshop

souparnika
07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
pls tell me where i have to improve?

OriK
07-01-2005, 11:13 AM
It's hard to see any details on the small image and a wire would be appreciated too.

souparnika
07-01-2005, 01:13 PM
sending large images.

souparnika
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
wireframe mode

HellBoy
07-01-2005, 04:32 PM
the mesh it self is good, 6/10

texture is maan 1/10

you gotta work on the texture, helicopters texture aren't flat. anyhow, good for a first time modelling helicopers, I bet you'll do a heli with interior.

try improving texture but overall 5/10

AdamAtomic
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Actually I have to completely disagree, I think the texture really isn't bad. Here are some things you could do to improve it however:

1 - Many of your details are slightly too large and blurry - the rivets for example. You would do well to shrink and sharpen those, as well as sharpening the edges between the plating, etc. Experiment with a soft-edged brush and the Sharpen Tool, carefully used it can work wonders!

2 - You could also try painting in some subtle GI or ambient lighting onto your panels. Put a little highlight around upward-facing edges for example, and add some shading around the bottom of the chopper. You don't want to do anything extreme because there will be in-game lighting on top of that, but it should help give your chopper some needed volume. In-game lighting has improved a lot, but it still can't do everything for you!

This is a good start, but for geometry crits it would help a lot if you would post a wireframe view of your helicopter. Keep it up!

EDIT - A couple other things. Does that polycount include the interior of the craft? Are you planning on using a spec map for the metal and glass? Bump maps? What kind of game are you aiming for? All this info will help us give you more focused criticism!

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.