PDA

View Full Version : altering duration of persistant Quick paint

MadSkillzMan
07-01-2005, 05:17 AM
ok so heres my problem. I did a huge keying/matte job using keylight, rotoshape and paint to clean up spill.

I have an area that i would like to have PAINTED over until a certain frame.

I cant seem to figure out how to alter it in the timeline to make it shut off completely once i hit frame 365.

i know its doable, im just learning.

thanks in advance.

Allannn
07-01-2005, 07:15 AM
If i understand your question correctly you can just set your quickpaint node to interp. paint the starting frame first(where youd like the paint to begin) then in the timeline go to the frame where youd like it to end and paint it out again. Shake will interpolate the frames in between. Hope that helped :thumbsup:

MadSkillzMan
07-01-2005, 08:20 AM
is THAT howo that works?

so, paint frame 1
paint frame 365

and shake will fill in 1-365 and stop?

SWEET i gotta go try this lol THANKS

EDIT: YEP thats exactly what i was looking for. however, this makes the program about as stable as 3dsmax 7. i have to run off the paint operator the minute i finish it or else it crashes. anyone else have this problem?

actually now im screwed! im completely locked out of my project! it crashes the minute it loads!! Anything i can do?

Hugh
07-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I'd say a Select node straight after your completely persistent QuickPaint node would be a much better way to do.

Animate the select to skip the QuickPaint on the frame you want it to turn off.

MadSkillzMan
07-01-2005, 07:01 PM
yea i see the interp is whats crashing it.

Allannn
07-01-2005, 07:10 PM
thats odd, ive never had shake crash on me b/c of that - but yea, hughs method will probably work better for your case.

MadSkillzMan
07-01-2005, 07:40 PM
well, im GUESSING ive messed somehting on osx, because FCP has become unstable as well.

Luckily i mailed in my offer for Tiger, and i should have it soon. so ill just reformat to avoid any issues.

Im not familliar with the select node, im going to have to figure it out

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 07:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.