PDA

View Full Version : gata ask some questions to clear things up

lll
07-01-2005, 02:50 AM
1 I am using Maya at this time period; I hear it is the best. However, for the 6.0v it cost over 12k. I donít have this kind of money at all. Any advise? Or does someone have a earlier version they donít use anymore or any v that donít use anymore?

2 Iím interested in making an environment /level much like counter-strike maps. Do I use Maya to create the environment or do I use another program?

3 Is there any books I could buy to help in making levels or shows you how to using Maya preferably if #2 is true. I am currently reading this book ďGame Level Design (Game Development Series)Ē

4 Thereís one other problem that I have been bothering me. I canít draw well. I am not the worst drawler but I could not go pro I can draw like a person but I need to trace some of the body structure first. I am telling you this because I need to use a image plane in Maya to create a model, but I can draw. Any advise? How do you ppl do it?

Thanks for all your help

lll

ace4016
07-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Try only posting you question in one section. I don't think mods like cross posting.

lll
07-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I wasn't quite sure where I should be posting this.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 06:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.