PDA

View Full Version : skater....very WIP

cuzzo
07-01-2005, 01:28 AM
This character is in development, and it was actually inspired by andy H's futuristic skater model thats on the forum aswell, i'll continue to post my development as i make'em

cuzzo
07-01-2005, 03:20 AM
this is what about 45 minutes of work gave me...please crit as i add more updates

RO
07-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Like the look so far and yep it is inspired by Andy H's cool model. The biggest problem I see is the mesh flow on the clothing it is a bit messy in the sense that lines do not transition smoothly. Try organizing that a bit more. I am not much of Character modeler so I do not know if the legs are good enough for deformation. But have seen plenty of good models that have a slightly turned V section that makes the knee cap to make the blending smoother. Poly wise it looks low just got to clean It up more. Study Andy H modeling and see how clean his line transitions are especially the horizontal ones. The eye wear looks a bit high polyish maybe reducing that a bit. But of course if this is the way your work and make the form quickly and later reduce and fix errors than take my crit with grain of salt :)

AndyH
07-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Its looking a lot better than the pic you emailed me, cuzzo - the distribution of polys is a lot more efficient, and you have better mesh flow. The whole thing, especially the legs, have a much more natural shape.
I agree with desp - the goggles are a little high poly at the moment, and the sections on the legs are a little evenly spaced considering theyre gonna bend in the middle.
The face topology needs a lot of work, but i presume youre still working on that. Looking forward to see how you get on with the arms. My advice is to rough out the whole model first, get the proportions right, then refine details and add extra sections for deformations and smoother curves.
Keep it up!

cuzzo
07-02-2005, 11:56 PM
thanx alot guyz for the crits so far....i'm already working on a couple different things for body proportions and facial structure....i'm re-vamping the skate idea with a hover board this what i have so far....tak a look at the speakers on the board...

cuzzo
07-15-2005, 06:37 AM
This is the start of the re-worked skater guy which like i said before is now the hover guy, (to give a bit of originality)http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif please let me know what you guyz think.... http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

AdamAtomic
07-15-2005, 06:43 AM
I love the speakers on the hoverboard, and your rider looks great from the waist down. I think his belt buckle is a little bit too...codpiece. His goggles are looking cool but a little bit complex so far. I think some of the smaller details on the hoverboard will be lost in a real game environment, I'd think about chunking them up some or just losing them (like the little spikes near the front). keep at it!

AndyH
07-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Looking good so far. I agree with adam about his belt buckle being a little big and close to the groin area. Some tempoary coloured polygons would help clarify his costume - is it open around the chest?
His board is looking good - kinda reminds me a little of those hoverboards with the speakers that the guitarists rode in the final fantasy X2 concert intro (obscure reference alert!)

Keep it up.

smurftb
07-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Hey man is that a CD player on your character's belt?

8bit_Mind
07-16-2005, 02:56 AM
hey man, i like the design, but i just can't like skateboards that have no wheels... lose gravity, loses fun...

talking as a ex-professional skater

cuzzo
07-16-2005, 05:37 AM
smurftb - to answer your question smurftb yes, that is a CD player on his waist...your the only one that saw it as a CD player :thumbsup: ...i want to connect it to his headphones eventually.

8bit_Mind - hehe yea i hear you 8bit, but i have a few ideas for the board itself,hopefully you'll like the updates i have coming...hopefully later today i can post the little updates i made on both the hover board and model.

Andy H - hey andy thanx for the response, i did fix the groin area i saw what you meant, and i made it more anatomically correct, and i will post my next updates with temporary colored polygons, just to give you an idea on his texture for the clothes he'll be wearing

Adam Atomic - hey adam i fixed the speakers, you were right i made them more believable and made them stand out alot more, made them kinda big, so they wouldn't get washout in a game environment..

thanx for the post people, i will be putting up more updates later today, so i'll keep ya posted

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2005, 05:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.