PDA

View Full Version : Simple mask issue

MadSkillzMan
07-01-2005, 12:33 AM
hey guys, im a newb at shake. Im working with a really dodgy chroma key setup. Im using keylight get rid of most of my problems, however i need to use some masks to get rid of debris on the screen.

My problem is, that the masks only let me edit them in the alpha channel. When you first draw them, you draw directly on your footage. but when you go back to add points, animiate, etc, it goes alpha only. Whats up with that? i know theres got to be a dumb button im not hitting somewhere.

thanks in advance guys.

Aneks
07-01-2005, 02:53 AM
do you mean you want to look at the points for the shape and see the footage at the same time or do you want to see the mask results in the RGB portion of the image when you edit it ?

to do option 1 click on the left side of the node you wish to view to load it into the viewer. then click on the right 'parameter' side of the node you wish ot edit ie the rotoShape node and you will be able to see its controls in the viewer.

to do option 1 just place the rotoShape over the footage using an over node. I usually palce a fade node set to .5 inbetween to allow me to see a semi tranperant roto shpe over my footage as I rotoscope

MadSkillzMan
07-01-2005, 03:17 AM
yup, click the little TV like thing, THANKS!

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 03:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.