PDA

View Full Version : Storyboard templates

ArYeS
06-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Hy, what kind of storyboard templates do you use?
Do you use 16:9 or 4:3?
How big?

Tnx

richiesbuddy
07-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi there,

That depends on the project I'm drawing the storyboarsds for, meaning the aspect ratio the film is gonna be shot at. I really like wide formats.
The first quick sketches I do are often very small, because ther's just no time to fill a big template while going through the shots with the director or DOP. The final drawings I like to keep under 8 to 10 centimeters in height, the lenght depends on the aspect ratio.

maxpoly
07-06-2005, 07:15 PM
i often use 960*540it depends on size of your film screen,but i think wider one is cool,just in my opinion

asparta
07-07-2005, 08:40 PM
...sure i can say it's absolutely dependent prom the project you are working on...I make storyboads for tv and i can say half of A4 sheet is quite enough for this purpose, but i intend to begin my own movie project and i'm sure that 1:1.85 pic aspect ratio is much satisfactory than the truncated PAL frame aspect ratio...

fedusenko
07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
What I like to do is make each sketch go outside the aspect ratio. Say the aspect ratio is 16:9. Then, I would focus whatever detail I need in that 16:9 ratio restriction but also continue the sketch outside of the box so that when who ever looks at it later, they are 100 percent sure of everything that is going on. It will never do you wrong.

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.