PDA

View Full Version : small 3D & 2D short film

Zator
06-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Hello all,
This is my first post, as I am a new member here, I just re-joined today.

I am a writer and have aquired the rights to a fantastic short story by Mildred Clingerman. For those of you who are not familiar with Mrs. Clingerman, in the late 50's she was the FIRST WOMAN ever published in the genre of Sci-Fi. She was also close friends with Isaac Asminov.

Anyway, when I read this story, called "The Word", back in high school I fell in love with it, then when I was all grown up and started writing, I remembered that short story and how it had played out like a small movie in my mind, so I found it again, went after the rights and aquired them, it's mine now. My point is, an animation can only be as good as the story is, and this story has apperently already won awards, and if the cartoon looks as good as I want it too, it will win awards again, its a proven story.

So where are we now? ok I have adapted the story to the screen, written the script, developed characters, have actors for the voices and kinda have a movie composer for the scoring and soundtrack, I can do the animation in Flash myself, what I need is artists to draw the characters and backgrounds, and SFX! The short is mostly classic 2D animation but I will need a 3D animator for a small part.

I need a good 3D and 2D modeler and artist (respectivly). This is easy stuff guys, think little green smurf-like aliens for the 2D, and a 50's style ufo flying through space and crash landing on Earth for the 3D. This is a great project to be involved with as the 3D animator will get SOLE CREDIT -(i know nothing about 3D modeling and animation)- and as I said before its an award winning story and if it looks like i want it to (and it wont be made unless it does) it WILL win again.
---This animation WILL BE MADE, the only thing that is up in the air right now, is whether or not your name will be on it---
e-mail me jedimindphuk@yahoo.com
I hope to hear from some interested people soon
thanx
Patrick

Zator
07-03-2005, 06:34 PM
A stuffed alien won at a fair that reminded me of the story, and a crappy -loose- drawing of Cleel, the main character. This can OBVIOUSLY use improvement, granted its not the BEST I can do, but I need an artist for this, a profesional touch. Can the Aliens all be done in 3D and look like felt textured plush aliens? Help out guys, this could be big!

BOY1DA
07-04-2005, 02:00 AM
I have that exact same stuffed alien toy, well I sent you an e-mail
to get a bit more info on what you have in mind.

Your in Toronto? People from Toronto suck… wait I’m from Toronto.
Scratch that last line LOL…

PEACE, OMAR!

Zator
07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Here is a better look at what i had in mind . C'ome on guys, help me bring these lil' alienz to life!
Patrick

Kid-Mesh
07-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Considering how simplistic the characters actually are you'd be suprised how simple they would be to model. I'm sure you could find a beginner level tutorial that would assist in pulling that off.

At least this way if you learned how to model you wouldnt have to be so dependent on others.

Good luck my friend :)

Zator
07-31-2005, 06:30 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=263541

thanks for the advice now help me please im stuck on half a head
Patrick

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2005, 06:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.