PDA

View Full Version : depth-map like this???

DickBoot
06-30-2005, 04:20 PM
how do i create a depth map like this in LW?
http://www.richardrosenman.com/dofpro_cgsamples.htm
when i do a PSD-export i only get a black and white image....no grey values??
please help...thanx!

johnnyh66
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I think it's .RLA.

policarpo
06-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Mess with your target distance in your camera. Your scene might just be too small in scale to afford a wide range of the tonality you are looking for.

Zarathustra
06-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Quick and dirty way:
1) Set background to black
2) Give everything the same surface - a white/black gradient set to distance from camera
3) Render

:thumbsup:

monovich
06-30-2005, 06:48 PM
other dirty way:

set everything to render as a matte object (black)

set distance fog to fake d-zepth. you can even preview in the camera viewport without rendering.

that DOF program looks very cool. if they could make an AE plugin out of it, I'd buy it.

-s

DickBoot
06-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Mess with your target distance in your camera. Your scene might just be too small in scale to afford a wide range of the tonality you are looking for.

you're right, the scale of everything was just to small....thanx! :thumbsup:

PhilWesson
06-30-2005, 09:13 PM
why dont you just use the render buffer view or render buffer export in the image processes section and set it to render out the distance (i think it's called that).

When you render and use the viewer, select layer and select distance and save that as a seperate file.

policarpo
06-30-2005, 10:06 PM
why dont you just use the render buffer view or render buffer export in the image processes section and set it to render out the distance (i think it's called that).

When you render and use the viewer, select layer and select distance and save that as a seperate file.

It's the same as the .PSD depth export. If the scale of the scene is off, everything will just be all white.

madrenderman
07-04-2005, 08:19 PM
use render buffer export, that allow you to set up a meters range for depth map, you can add a null to scene, apply a custom plugin called range finder,set up range from camera in that plugin, move null far as you want depth the depth channel, read number then set up in render buffer export plugin the range of depth channel between 0 and value read from custom plugin.

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2005, 08:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.