PDA

View Full Version : .XSI to .MD2 ?????? Help!

Totitch
10-22-2002, 05:23 PM
is there a way to export an animated character from softimage 3D or XSI into a md2 :cry: HELP!!!

Kricket
10-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Do you mean a Quake2 .md2 ?

Totitch
10-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Yes...I don't know if you know this program, but there is a 3d engine called BlitzBasic which use .md2 and i want to export my ANIMATED models from XSI (or Softimage 3.9) to it...

I tried Milkshape without any succes for the moment
And Deep exploration too...But...
Maybe i did it in a wrong way?!? Don't know?

But if someone already did it, it will be cool he share the way he used! Thanks again Kricket for your interest! ;)

Kricket
10-23-2002, 09:49 PM
ew... an animated model.. that I wouldnt know.. I was gonna say you could export to .XSI, then use Kaydara FBX converters to convert it to .FBX, then import that FBX into something like MAX.

But from what I understand you have to remove all animation keys to use the FBX converter (might be wrong tho, should go check that)

Go to http://www.polycount.com you'll find tons of resources on .md2 files. If you cant find a way to do it there it may not exist.

Totitch
10-23-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks a lot Kricket! ;)

I will go to see...

I spoke with Dominic Laflamme (a XSI develloper who did the XSI importer for Milkshape) today and he said me the importer will support Animation datas soon! ;) it will be great! Then it will be possible to import XSI animation and export them to every format Milkshape support to export! :thumbsup:

Again thanks for your help! :)

Sound
10-25-2002, 03:31 AM
Or there is a another way:

*.md2 -> Deep Exploration: ->*.obj-> XSI

GL

Totitch
10-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Thanks "Sound" for your Help but i don't need to go from .md2 to .XSI...
I need to find a way to .XSI to .md2 ! ;)

But it's ok now! There is no solution for the moment...
But a friend of me will do an exporter directly from XSI (A plugin)
which will be able to export in .md2...
When he will finish (2weeks i think) i will share it here (If he wants!).

Thanks again for help! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.