PDA

View Full Version : SurfaceBaker doesn't completely bake objects

nikopol_gfx
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
SurfaceBaker doesn't completely bake objects correctly UV mapped.

I have the poorest rendering farm in the world, with one computer
and a half, and I can't afford big rendering times, so I need
SurfBaker. But it doesn't work correctly, only for polys in front the
camera, against what documentation says. The object is a test rounded
cube, perfectly mapped with Atlas. The problem happens with other mapping methods,too. The indication from LW manual doesn't work. What should I do?

ThriJ
06-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Are you sure you only have four or three point polygons? That could be part of the problem.

brunotag
07-02-2005, 07:26 PM
first make sure, only poly 3 or 4 side, one time i got the same problem and i made a new atlas map ( you must use only atlas) and after work good don't ask me whi

leigh
07-04-2005, 01:00 AM
( you must use only atlas)

The Surface Baker will work with any kind of UV map.

PetterSundnes
07-04-2005, 06:48 AM
As Leigh said, any UV will work, but the polys to be baked should be 3 or 4 sided. Atlas is just an algorithm to unwrap the geometry in a certain way to make a UV from it. There seem to be problems when baking "inward" facing polygons (well atleast when I have tried that). Sometimes when I have made an interior with all polygons facing inwards (walls inside the building), then the LW baker gets hickups from it. It might be a wrong observation on my side though...

Any images of regular render and/or baked texture?

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2005, 06:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.