PDA

View Full Version : Modelers Unite, How Good Are You?

mberrynk
06-30-2005, 03:10 AM
straight to the point here- i need a talented maya modeler to create the lead character for a new animated short film, my brainchild that i've been preproducing for a few months now. Character designs are complete with a very classic, 2d animation feel. All pics are available for you if you contact me with interest in the project. This is a serious project and expect only those of you with serious talent will commit. If you have time to put together a good quick model and want to be part of a great project, this is the one. THIS WILL NOT BE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, I can't stress that enough. Post up a reply here or email me at mberrynk@aol.

gunslingerblack
06-30-2005, 05:30 AM
mberry, it might help to generate more responses if you post your story, you want people to collaborate with you your gonna have to give them something more than just "IT WILL NOT BE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME" cuz the average reader is gonna go ....yeah right. you want a very traditional 2d feel, is it gonna be cell shaded? do you have concept art for your character you can post? what is the story behind the character? are there other things you need to create besides the main character? just some things to consider when trying to get people to help you on your project. theres no shortage of people willing to help, you just have to give them more information to get them excited about your project instead of someone elses.

TheFreak
06-30-2005, 02:48 PM
I agree with GunSlinger here, I also think you should change the subject (if you can) because it does not indicate any kind of short film project to anyone.

mberrynk
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
yep, you're probably right. I'm a little weary of putting my story out for anyone to see, that's why I left my email so anyone with the time could contact me directly but I see what you're saying. I'll repost in a few days with a couple of the concept art pics and hopefully generate some interest that way.

In response to your question, I haven't ruled out cell shading, the overall design would work either way, just a matter of how it will look when animated. And also I'm only looking for someone to model this one character, that's all. No other commitment necessary.

Thanks for the posts.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.