PDA

View Full Version : Skelegon...

alvin-cgi
06-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi, could someone help me with Skelegon... I have some problems with the LW bone set up...
I have set up a skelegons in modeler and when I checked Skelegon Tree, there are some extra bones?
How do I find out where are those bones are/come from and how to delete them?:sad:
And also, where can I find something like "outlined" (like Maya) in LW, easier for select and deselect ...

Thanks heap!:)

T4D
06-30-2005, 04:34 AM
To find Skelegons this is where Skelegon Editor shows it's only really good uses

OPen skelegon editor and in there you can select and delete using the bone list
that's the only place i know where you can do it

( I've made the same mistake you have coping bones over each other and not being able to select the single bone to delete, you always seem to select both . )

Sorry NO select object outline display option in LW, Like you have in Maya or XSI

LW 8.5 may have it :)..............

blaqDeaph
06-30-2005, 02:26 PM
One common mistake made by LW users is selecting the skelegon tool and clicking once, then clicking again and dragging to create the skelegon. This creates a skelegon of 0-length that seems like its not there, but still shows up in the Skelegon Tree view, and causes problems in Layout.

alvin-cgi
07-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys!:)

T4D, hmmm... where is the Skelegon Editor...?http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

Thanks

T4D
07-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm sure it was included with LW 8.0
But if you need the latest it's here with lots of other cool plugins Dstorm (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/bone.htm)

alvin-cgi
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
thanks for that, i got it!:)

but when i deleted extra bones in Skelegon Editor, and press OK... i got a message:

Error
Could not make new skelegons

what is that mean????:sad: ...and everthing disappeared, included bones, mesh. how to fix this...

Thanks

T4D
07-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Buy a copy of XSI foundation LOL :D

No sorry about that I just had too :blush:

ok Skelegon editor is buggy so maybe just try to rename it first, save, exit, then re-enter Skelegon editor THEN delete it

As i said before the workflow looks better in Skelegon editor at first,
BUT then the bugs come and you'll run back to straight modeler pretty quick

Now to be honest this is something i do alot when these things happen
Delete all the bones that your having trouble with, and redraw them !!
( sounds simple doesn't it :curious: )

this may seem bad and not the way you want to go, But really avoiding bugs and stuffing about this way your spending more time fixing this, then it would take you just to redo the job again correctly.

If your being paid per hour, this method really keeps the job on budget = you in profit:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 02:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.