PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Gold!

Bonzodogboy
06-30-2005, 12:06 AM
I was wondering if any one could point me in the direction of LW Surfaces, Gold in particular.
Back in school, I remember we had a stock set that came with LW, but I don't seem to have a set with my current LW8 package.
Should I have one?
Does anyone know where to get them?

webshot
06-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I think you could use just about any of the metal presets that are shiny and just change the color channel, and maybe tone down the reflection a bit.

Bonzodogboy
06-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Cool :)
thanks for that Webshot, I had a play and got what I was after.
I found the presets that came on the CD's but I thought there were more.
I guess the ones we had at school may have been in a bundle or something.
I just remember like a menu that had gold, lava all kinds of surfaces that you could then tweak to your liking.
:thumbsup:

DaveW
06-30-2005, 07:15 PM
There should be a whole bunch of presets that come with LW, including a gold preset. At one point NewTek had the presets in a zip file on their website because one of the updates deleted them, you can check the website or the ftp site to see if you can still find them.

monovich
06-30-2005, 07:58 PM
good gold also needs something great to reflect. I remember when I was figuring out metal back in the day, that was the big epiphany for me. That's why the Gold preset in LW asks for that GoldReflect.tga.

-s

Bonzodogboy
07-06-2005, 12:53 AM
i feel like a bit of an idiot buut i found them
press 's' while in the surface editor menu
all the presets are there
(slaps forehead)
heheheheheh
its all starting to come back to me

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2005, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.