PDA

View Full Version : UVEdit Pro

Spacemanbob
06-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Is it worth the $119 that Newtek is charging. If so I will buy it. Please post responces as fast as you can since I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

rickycox
06-30-2005, 02:05 AM
I think (could be wrong) but I think the general consensus is that it's not such a great app, a bit out of date. But do some searches of these and the Newtek Boards before you accept my opinion.

zuzzabuzz
06-30-2005, 02:30 AM
You work for a University and you have money burning a hole in your pocket?! :eek:

UVEditPro is a nice app that makes a lot of UV things easier. (Got it as a nice freebie when the delivery of LW8 was late) That said, I'd blow the money on something else. I think LW8 and beyond will improve UV editing enough that you won't need it.

Spacemanbob
06-30-2005, 02:56 AM
You work for a University and you have money burning a hole in your pocket?! :eek:

Well I don't get a lot of money from working at the university but I just had around $150.00 that I had been holding onto for something Lightwave related and that was the only thing that fit the budget.

I already got Fprime when it was preorder and that is worth every penny. Since I have been experimenting finally with making things and learning more about UV's it seems that this product always came up as the more versitile.

Thanks for the comments. :)

3d3
06-30-2005, 04:16 AM
this link/info is from another forum thanks to proton and others that were interested in this fairly new software.

comes highly rated and is around your price point

http://www.polygonal-design.fr/e_unfold/index.php

T4D
06-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Yeah UV edit Pro isn't worth it

For me it's like the skelegon editor at first I was This thing rocks
after afew weeks crashes finding Odd things, & I worked how to do it all in Straight modeler and MY workflow is alot faster, Skelegon editor was a passing fad for me.

with UV edit Pro you ave some nice features but with the New UV tools in LW 8.3 and it's old I wouldn't waste your money on it ,....Maybe buy a rigging plugin LOL :D

ericsmith
06-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I can think of a cool rigging and animation plugin that runs just about $150.

:thumbsup:

But seriously, I would agree that the new UV features in 8.3 make UV Edit Pro pretty much obsolete.

Eric

T4D
06-30-2005, 06:16 AM
I can think of one 1/3 the price of that one :D
that's getting a Version 3.1 update very soon AND more.... ;)

Zarathustra
06-30-2005, 02:51 PM
At first it seemed great, but in the end it was crap.
When in a hurry, the Search tool is your friend. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=139997&highlight=uvedit)

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2005, 02:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.