PDA

View Full Version : point of sales designing

madone01
06-28-2005, 12:19 PM
has any one here done a point of sales design befor ,if so can you share your views on it and what to look out for .
2 how to make it intresting .
3 type of material best to use
thank you :wip:

Wintermute
07-15-2005, 05:00 AM
interesting questions madone01

As far as what to look out for..I'm not sure what to tell you there.
The product or promotion will dictate the design for the most part–content, typefaces, colors, size, shape, purpose etc... if the product or promotion is interesting, chances are the PoS piece will be as well.

The pieces I've done are pretty much letter/A4 sized "posters" on easel backs to stand up on a countertop-and those are pretty much paper on foam core. not the most durable material around, but it's durable enough if it's not being tossed around and beat up. the size and purpose will largely dictate the materials used.

I don't really have any "views" on PoS pieces aside from the fact that they're usually just another part of another promotion.

I hope that helps. :beer:

Ray Frenden
07-15-2005, 08:42 PM
I design POS displays, signage, and all sorts of marketing collateral for a living. What's the project? Indoor/outdoor? Size? Spot color or process?

The public at large demands an answer!

madone01
07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
thanks for the reply i was thinking of creating a point of sales design company for my final year show so i was looking for , if any exist rules to follow thnks again for the replies :thumbsup:

Ray Frenden
07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
It all depends on how you are printing the items. Screen printing? Thermal tape on vinyl via something like a Gerber Edge machine? Solvent Jets? Direct on coroplast, pvc, cardboard, foamboard? I work in that industry and can be helpful, but I'd need more specifics.

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.