PDA

View Full Version : how to connect two different cps objects

Leo_gal
06-28-2005, 12:39 AM
I am trying to connect a ear model to my head model and they are two different connect polyshape objects. I want to be able to merge the vertices so it connects the base of the ear to the base of the head so that when doing so it connects the proxy layer as well. So I combined the two cps shapes but it disconnects the base from the proxy layer when doing so. So I can merge the vertices of the base together but it doesn't connect the proxy. I have done this before, but I can't seem to remember how I went about it, does anyone have any suggestions?

XanderFX
06-28-2005, 06:57 PM
if your head is already converted to CPS don't convert your ear to CPS select the head then the ear and go to CPS>add shell this should convert the ear to CPS but you'll have 2 separate base meshes then select both base meshes and go to CPS>merge multiple shells. good to go

Leo_gal
06-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks, I appreciate your help. That was easy.....I am an idiot I should have been able to figure that out.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2005, 08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.