PDA

View Full Version : Just a simple question

kajtom
06-27-2005, 09:53 PM
This is my problem! I dont know how to cut a simmilar hole in my box...? Yeah, I know it's a noob question but this is just who I am - a noob. It's been like 2 days now since I've learned how to make very simple round holes ;) So if anybody knows, please tell me, and it would be great if I could see a wireframe ;)

KB9MTD
06-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Try boolean.

Make simple box, use any number of divisions except 2 and go to town.

Box
Cylinder
Boolean A-B (Box - Cylinder)

Boolean is under 'Compound Objects'

kajtom
06-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes I could do it with Bolean but is there any way to make such thing using just one simple box?

Anyway thx, for your advice!

Blikkie
06-28-2005, 01:01 AM
My first idea would be deleting the face, draw a circle, and make a face again, but that technique doesn't really work if the hole goed around the corner.

p4vlik-cz
07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Taked from LionTR, when somebody questioned him about cutting the holes for wheels in his famous tutorial :buttrock: so, just make a cylinder with low number of sides, put it where you want your hole, cut on your model around it vertices, delete inner polygons, and you have it :applause: then apply subdivs or meshsmooth. Its by my words, so if is here any bug, i'm sorry :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.