PDA

View Full Version : WalkCycle|CStudio Newby!! |Help Please|

BakerCo
06-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I am new to animations so any and all help is welcome.
This is technically my second walk cycle but this is the first one I have done without reference. I am using Max 7 and Character Studio 4.

The main problems that I see in the animation are the not so subtle jerks in the arm head and legs. I have no idea how to fix these via keyframes or any type of curve editor so help understanding that would be sweet.

Any tutorials y'all may have pertaining to weight and timing, the Workbench or curve editor of anytype would be great, as well as any biped keyframe animation tutorials.

The main reason I am using biped is because of the game engine it is going in.

EDIT:Links will be replaced!!
Side:
Font:
Perspective:

Thanx in advance for all help!!

Lost...

Spiffjackson
06-28-2005, 07:09 AM
The most important thing to think about here is weight transfer. The character's body should shift directily over the support leg with every step. When the left leg lifts up the body should rest over the right leg which is extended. And the same with the other direction. Sort of a left to right swaying movement with the upper body. If a person's body didn't make this movement we would not be able to keep balance. In all it looks pretty good. It would be better if you could submit a looping version so we can anylize the cycle a little better. Good luck and stick with it.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2005, 07:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.