PDA

View Full Version : The voice of Tigger has been silenced..... :(

Wes_Brown
06-27-2005, 03:29 PM
This marks the end of an era....

I'll miss that wacky laugh I grew up with...

Goodbye Paul.....

:(

Paul Winchell dies at 82 (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/26/obit.winchell.ap/index.html)

archerx
06-27-2005, 03:39 PM
awwwww man, i grew up with winne the pooh and tigger was my favorite followed by eore (spelling ?)

dmonk
06-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Sad News, a truly unique voice.

c-g
06-27-2005, 04:01 PM
They reported on the radio that the voice of Piglet, John Fiedler, died yesterday.

Wes_Brown
06-27-2005, 09:44 PM
They reported on the radio that the voice of Piglet, John Fiedler, died yesterday.

Wow...I didn't know that. Tigger really had a great voice didn't he? :)

I think all to often these days, the voice of a character isn't given enough thought.

PatternRecognition
06-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Terribly sad news, they will be missed.. I was so shocked to learn this today.

Apparently Winnie the Pooh's voice-over actor died 2 days. Don't quote me on that tho.

archerx
06-27-2005, 10:39 PM
that would be pretty weird if the entire cast is just dying like that........

erilaz
06-27-2005, 11:36 PM
The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I'm the only one

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful chaps
They're loaded with vim and with vigor
They love to leap in your laps
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
Is I'm the only one

Tiggers are wonderful fellahs
Tiggers are awfully sweet
Everyone elses is jealous
And thats why I repeat The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
Is I'm the only one
Yes, I'm the only one
(Grrrrrr...)

You'll be missed... my favourite character voice.:sad:

t-toe
06-28-2005, 06:06 AM
yeah... it's odd. I had assumed these guys died a while back. Jim Cummings has been doing all their voices for a few years now. (well, at least Pooh and Tigger. don't know about the rest.)

dotTom
06-28-2005, 06:14 AM
Damn, there goes another bit of my childhood :sad:

doghat
06-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Winchell played tigger up through Winnie the pooh and the season of giving, at which point Jim Cummings, who also currently does the voice of Pooh and just about everything else in hollywood, took over for him.

LOS ANGELES ­- Paul Winchell, a ventriloquist, inventor and children's TV show host best known for creating the lispy voice of Winnie the Pooh's animated friend Tigger, has died. He was 82.

Winchell died Friday morning in his sleep at his Moorpark home, Burt Du Brow, a television producer and close family friend, told the Los Angeles Times.

Over six decades, Winchell was a master ventriloquist - bringing dummies Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smiff to life on television - and an inventor who held 30 patents, including one for an early artificial heart he built in 1963.

Chris Bacon
06-29-2005, 06:21 PM
its a sad moment for the animation community....and my childhood................

AKDesigns
06-29-2005, 10:28 PM
awwww :sad: ... so sad.... now ill be honest and i havnt seen any winnie the pooh stuff for at least a decade, but i can still remeber all of their voices :) ... isnt that strange :)

they really mustv thought long and hard about that... maybe voice over actors for games should be getting more money?? ye right....

but aww so sad :sad: r i p

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2005, 10:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.