PDA

View Full Version : What's important when you draw storyboard?

Jukebox
06-26-2005, 06:42 AM
I'm pretty new to this storyboard drawing so i read the book about storyboard, there are many different advices, it kinda confused me.
one of the advice was that i have to draw with great details in storyboard and i do that, the other advice was draw the storyboard as simple as you can, sooner or later story and the characters develop.
i can draw but not good enough to make the character to look the same as the model.

so my question is, do you have to be good at drawing to be storyboard writer?

olioli
06-27-2005, 05:01 AM
i think knowing about perspective is important.

Totoro
06-27-2005, 11:36 PM
You don't have to produce pieces of art when drawing a storyboard unless you're going for a job as storyboard artist. So if you want to become a storyboard artist you'll have to practice your drawing skills and learn perspectives. I think your poses has to be strong to. The drawings have to be clear for other people. When you look at Pixar storyboards you see that they're quite detailed. A storyboard artist does more than make pretty drawings, he has to be able to put words into visuals, to tell stories using visual sequences. with consideration for scene detail, character continuity, camera angles, special effects, etc. Storyboards come in many forms depending on budgets. Sometimes a simple series of pencil thumbnails does the trick and sometimes only super color paintings can sell your project. Become familiar with film terms.

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2005, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.