PDA

View Full Version : Goth Cabaret Mk Ii, Terryford (3D)

terryford
10-21-2002, 01:58 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7746/terryford_Goth_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7746/terryford_Goth.jpg)

Some of you may have seen this model before via the LightWave forum, but this pose is new. Worleys' Sasquatch was used for the hair. The model was created in a neutral position, then posed with bones.

Regards,
Terry

slime
10-21-2002, 02:11 PM
WOW. :eek:

Great work!
The head is photorealistic!
The model is amazing. ;)
But the shaders and the geometry of the cloth needs a little more work. The boots are too shiny and perfect . Less contrast with look more real. The ribbon shape is al little strange, specially in the midle part. THe right glove is very good, but the left is a little srange because of the folds, that are unnatural.

By the way, great pose too!

Anyway, great image! :thumbsup:

OZ
10-21-2002, 02:12 PM
WILD AND SWEET! great job!!:buttrock: :eek:

AroundTheFur
10-21-2002, 02:17 PM
goth chicks rule, especially elvira. great model tho, boning influences look great.

paconavarro
10-21-2002, 02:18 PM
The clothes look awesome :thumbsup: great work

jason-slab
10-21-2002, 02:35 PM
sweeet, good all round :buttrock:

HapZungLam
10-21-2002, 02:48 PM
the only thing i don't like is the hair. they are like barbie hair. But like, the pose, the clothes, the model. geez, i love it

sean-huang
10-21-2002, 03:08 PM
amazing....
nice work!!

proton
10-21-2002, 03:09 PM
another great image......send it into the gallery as well!

PaemrI
10-21-2002, 03:35 PM
Very nice!

etsuko
10-21-2002, 04:12 PM
Hmm... issit just me or the shadow at the tip of her nose looks alittle funny. ;) other than that, STARS STARS STARS! :applause:

Gkar
10-21-2002, 06:03 PM
wow great :drool: please more poses... what about a wallpaper in high resolution :beer: ?

Opeth
10-21-2002, 06:23 PM
MORE SHOTSSSSSS PLEASE! :)

pants
10-21-2002, 07:12 PM
holy bananas that's a nice render. good job.

/me eyes 5 stars

freddy7133d
10-21-2002, 07:29 PM
wow really really great work!!!!!!!!!

but could we get close up of that head of hers:drool: :thumbsup:

very cool stuff! :buttrock:

Grooveholmes
10-21-2002, 08:45 PM
That chick is Thick. Me likes!:drool:

psil
10-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Love it/her!!:applause: :applause:

more poses please!

the_jonas
10-21-2002, 08:53 PM
wow! she has nice wide hips and more...
the upperback is über realistic!!!!!!!
:buttrock:

terryford
10-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. There is another pose of this model at:

http://www.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/33058.html?1035032393

The rig isn't very versatile. If you could see the opposite side of the above pose you would recoil in horror :).

I've thought about doing some wallpapers based on this and some of my other works, but I want to get my website updated with the new material first (currently I just have some ageing LightWave plugins there).

I've attached a head shot, as I mentioned on the LW discussion forum this model isn't intended for real close shots, so there's no detail on the teeth for example, and the hairline is quite rough.

http://www.terryf.dial.pipex.com/gif/girlface2.jpg

Regards,
Terry

misterboogie
10-21-2002, 09:09 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Beautiful!!

Nothing to crit!

nemoo
10-21-2002, 09:26 PM
amazing, thats what i call a real woman!!

now as much as i like her clothes.... is there a chance of seeing her without? *cough* :p

jtk77
10-21-2002, 09:40 PM
creepy...that looks like a girlfreind I had...no joke ..
(shudder) she was evil.

PNelson
10-21-2002, 10:05 PM
Survey says... DING DING DING!! AWESOME!!

See Ya,
Philip Nelson

Sez
10-21-2002, 10:49 PM
Great work!!

Nice rendering, good looking clothes, nice pose.
The only glitch for me is the width of the boot were it meets the left leg. It's a bit tick!

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

ilasolomon
10-21-2002, 11:34 PM
foreshot please!, nakedshot too if possible. oh, wireshot also
thanx
good work anyway ;)

eliseu gouveia
10-22-2002, 12:28 AM
Now WHY oh WHY can´t I be this good?

sigh!......

toonshady
10-22-2002, 12:40 AM
Hey Terry, killer work! :)
I was wondering, did you do any post work on these renders yet? Perhaps you can use photoshop and make the yellowish skin highlights like little more towards natural skin color. Add a bit of bloom here and there too. Again, great work.

terryford
10-22-2002, 01:37 AM
Here's a wireframe of the subdiv cage. Sorry to those of you who asked for a nudey :), but no can do; there's literally nothing under that corset. :shrug:

For a front view and additional wireframe check out the LW Discussions link I mentioned earlier when I posted the head render.

As for post work, there's a little; The shadows on the full figure poses were output separately using PSD Export, then comped onto a gradient in PhototShop. I like to add a little noise as well, just to take off the hard CGI edge a bit.

I also did a little smudging on the roots of the front strands of hair in the face render.

I am taking note of the constructive criticisms, if you don't see additional posts with your suggested corrections on please don't think that I've dismissed them. It's just that I think this model (although far from perfect) is at the stage where I sould leave it and move on to something else. If I don't impose a deadline on myself I end up tweeking endlessly.

http://www.terryf.dial.pipex.com/gif/goth2wf.jpg

Regards,
Terry

Grooveholmes
10-22-2002, 01:46 AM
Great work! Lets see some more of your stuff fella.

terryford
10-22-2002, 01:48 AM
Toonshady; I really like your sample colour correction :thumbsup:. What did you do exactly?

Regards,
Terry

Nightwing
10-22-2002, 04:42 AM
That's wonderful :thumbsup:

I particularly like the material and bow assembly at the back of her dress.

Great face modelling as well :)

Jimmy(Taiwan)
10-22-2002, 06:40 AM
it's:thumbsup:
it's:eek:
you drive me:drool:

facial
10-22-2002, 06:49 AM
She is perfect man, Well done, :beer:

Stahlberg
10-22-2002, 06:58 AM
Great work!

yon dabuda... If someone is racially offended by "that cg skin is too yellow" I think they are to be pitied. Toonshady is right, the skin is too yellow in the highlights, no matter what race the person is. (Unless the whole image has a yellow cast to it, which is not the case here.)
This is something that happens all the time in cg, if you don't take counteractive measures. Highlights too yellow, shadows too cool/grey, always been that way. So you have to jump through hoops to cool the highlights and warm up the shadows. Otherwise it risks looking more like metal than skin.

Neo85
10-22-2002, 09:08 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZINg!!!!!:buttrock: :bounce: :beer: :arteest:

wmaher2
10-22-2002, 09:30 AM
To Stahlberg

I agree with your comment on the skin, I have also read your notes on your web site on making realistic skin, Is it out dated? I cant get it to work..... Some of the cloud options no longer exsist or have been changed..... It would be great If u could post a quick blurb about the methods you use now... On cgtalk... Somewere....

Will... :buttrock:

terryford
10-22-2002, 12:43 PM
yon dabuda; She's not modeled on any specific person. The whole thing started out as an exercise in creating a subdiv cage that was dense enough to be realistic but light enough to be easily modified into other characters or morph/endomorph targets.

http://www.terryf.dial.pipex.com/gif/girlfacewf.jpg

Regards,
Terry

psil
10-22-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by terryford
The whole thing started out as an exercise in creating a subdiv cage that was dense enough to be realistic but light enough to be easily modified into other characters or morph/endomorph targets.

Well, you certainly suceeded. Such economy - very smart modeling. and the tri's deform just fine. even a compliment from Mr Stahlberg! that warrants champagne:beer:

Aeroplane
10-23-2002, 08:41 AM
:eek: :eek: Sick Skill, Dude! The model is fantastic! :applause: :applause:

yellowworm
10-23-2002, 06:55 PM
extremely well done.

i love how chunky she is too!

Neural Riptide
10-24-2002, 01:17 AM
Awesom work! She is a 10 in my book (okay, so maybe i'm different).

I'm not trying to be crude, but it's nice to see a model of a woman that has the thighs and tush to back up the boob size.

toonshady
10-25-2002, 04:43 AM
Hey yon dabuda, yeah I made the retouch comment solely base on the same reasoning that Steven Stalhberg had explained. Apologize if I offended anyone. It's based on personally observation of course that alot of cg skin renders tend to lean toward the yellowish tone when the human subject is lit with high instensity lights. I guess that just how the additive color system works. Boy I am no tech head, so I might be making a fool out of myself here. btw, I am asian myself, so my skin is yellow-er by comparison to some one who is "white". So it was not my intent to make a racial comment at all.

-Terry
For the color correction, again I am no expert at this, I merely just did a quicky here. One way is use lightwave's hdr expose image filter plugin. You can load a image from the image editor and apply that plugin, and bring down the black to 50%. That's a start. From the Inside LW6 book, there's a render of a girl's head using radiosity. The render also have this "yellowish" tone that which the author had bought into photoshop to retouch. He used a combination of color balance and Curves. For me I also find image\adjustments\replace color also do a great job. You can use that picker to select the color range you want to adjust. From there, I selected the highlight range and tweak the hue/saturation/lightness and did the same for the shadows. Works great.

Neural Riptide
10-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Toonshady/others?: I would like some education.. wouldn't changing the color of the light to being white or maybe even a little bit blue (like .001%) take away the yellowness of the highlights?

ZeroNeuro
10-25-2002, 07:30 PM
I love this character. It's great! Personally I am a detail hound and I would have modelled the choker, but that is just what I would do. What I like best about this one, is that the lady doesn't have the traditional Barbie or supermodel figure. She has substance to her. :D Overall I really like the image. Hey, perhaps you can put her into an environmet? Maybe in a goth club, waiting outside in a line to get into the club, or even in an olde style bar? Looks keen! :thumbsup:

Ritchie Roberts
ZeroNeuro Arts Ltd.

JIEWEI ZENG
10-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Very nice!

toonshady
10-26-2002, 07:50 AM
-Neural

I think Terry did lit her with white color main light. I don't know too much bout lighting, I guess having a slightly blue colored light source probably does the trick, but it would also affect the rest of the surfaces not only the skin. Post process is probably the fastest way to go, and allows alot of control. But as an alternative, i think you could setup several layers in the color channel for the skin surface to simulate the effect of skin being lit with cg lights. Real skin isn't exactly opaque or single layer. You probably can create a blue and red colored procedural layers to act as flesh and vein, and have a skin color layer on top of those two with like 70% opacity to simulate skin over flesh.

terryford
10-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Toonshady is right about the main lights being white, but I did use a fairly high ambient setting with a yellow/orange tint to warm up the shaded areas, that probably accounts for the yellow highlights. If I were animating this character I'd probably try to fix the lighting, but since these were stills it's easier to use Photoshop or equivalent.

I did fix the highlights on the versions at my website (see profile) but not as aggressivly as Toonshady's sample.

Regards,
Terry

lildragon
02-02-2003, 01:45 AM
It's now added to the CGTalk Gallery ;)

salud

Ocean Size
02-02-2003, 03:00 AM
Nice work on the hair, I like this pic and her pose, and she looks like a very interesting person/character, great work my man!

:thumbsup: :bounce: :cool:

E_Moelzer
02-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Hey Terry!
Another LW- goth- girl! You may remember my Cornelia, but I think yours is way better. Great work in every aspect!
CU
Elmar

webfox
02-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Your work is consistently excellent and I have nothing but contempt for you for it.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

bobakabob
03-01-2003, 01:22 AM
Awesome - wonderful work ;)

mehdianim
07-30-2003, 12:17 AM
very cool character.
I like the attitude.
good work !! :beer:

Ali Imran Zaidi
09-22-2004, 08:25 AM
I like the model and texturing, its really good.:)

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-20-2005, 11:22 PM
She is fiction or reality?
Wireframe:applause:,wireframe:applause:

ghostfog13
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
i love it! i think its great. looks like a friend of mine. love the outfit and the hair. great job.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.