PDA

View Full Version : Box or detail?

dot
02-18-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm just curious what you guys use to get your models...

CADster
03-12-2002, 10:20 PM
confussed here ???

do you mean -

1. do you buy models
2. buy models and then detail
3. draw from scratch only

I model from scratch

CADster

epatnor
03-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Out of the box = use the software as it were when you first recieved it? :rolleyes:

Maybe you're talking about box modelling? U know, create a box and then pull the vertices in all directions 'til you got yourself a killer mesh? Well, that's what I do! :)

dot
03-14-2002, 02:41 PM
no i mean box modeling... and the other one: detail-modeling.... you start with details and connect afterwirds these details...

diazgl
03-16-2002, 11:08 PM
personally, i go with curves, patches and all:

I create my rough organic shape using curves, i patch with very small segmentation, and then refine the details, by cut and subd. It's a pain, but works best for me

cerreto
03-26-2002, 10:44 PM
it depends on the subject i often combine them both detail in the are that needs alot of detail and box to get the form down

Iain McFadzen
03-27-2002, 01:30 AM
Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box Box ....

:)

cerreto
03-27-2002, 01:39 AM
ok ian made a good argument BOX it is for me ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.