PDA

View Full Version : (Dis) Advantages in SubD

dreamsdestiny
06-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Help need for me to start with subD model for some of following queries, what I faced so far.

1. UV transfer after rigg.
2. Blendshapes at a sametime with poly to poly & subD to subD.
3. Problems with Mental Ray render.
4. Sometimes, when trying to move vertex, it gets pulled to unpredictable place in standard mode. No Undo for that..

Personaly, I feel subD gives likeable Stretch & Squash to proceed for cartoon characters.. Do u think, we can bring same result with poly models too.

Why don't we have the New Thread to discuss about advantages & disadvantages of Poly Vs SubD.

Awaiting to Start,

Regards,
SanthoshG

Augh
06-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Greetings ^_^ Surely these are very similar to the learning hurdles I'm encountering making the transition from low poly mechanicals to subd organics, I would be v interested to see discussion starting on these subjects. There are a lot of things on my mind and I'm a little strung out right atm, so for now I just raise my hand, I'll think about what are my main issues and interests related to what you've mentioned so far ^_^

*pulls up a chair

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2005, 09:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.