PDA

View Full Version : Old Nissan Skyline R33

MightyOne
06-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey everybody, this is an old Skyline that i modeled 2 years ago, i didn't finished because some more important things appeared, and i have to stop... but i just posting here to get a feedback of my work.

it is real old project, before the tuts of skyline in the net.

http://luizfrds.sites.uol.com.br/desenhos/skyline.html
warning lowbandwidth, 550kb img

Thanks

nealb4me
06-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Thats not an R33 it's an R34, maybe you typed it wrong I don't know. I would say that the smoothing groups need a lot of work. The polygon distribution is a bit strange from what I can tell. Very rounded rear lights and 4 sided exhausts? I would also completely remodel the wheels, even ps2 games have round looking wheels achieved through clever use of alpha maps. I understand that this work is 2yrs old and it looks like a decent model, you just have some issues you need to work on.

MightyOne
06-26-2005, 02:22 AM
yeah, totally agree... the wheels are real ugly, because i was trying to 6000 polys, just for study, i modelled another one, better than this... and the exaust... ok, now i have no anwser why i did that... the lights was just another study to more low-poly games, but i modelled a better one too... the another R34 model have 8100 polys with better wheels, and lights, but 4 sided exaust (?yea...!)

anyway, tnx to critique, i never got a critique of this model here, and is real good to hear it... tnx

if you want to see the another model i can post some images

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2005, 02:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.