PDA

View Full Version : Maya Scripts Path

artmont
06-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi, I have some problems adding new folders to my scripts path in maya.
I have "Lowman" (a free rigging) in my scripts path (maya.env) but I can't add any more folders to it.
What I mean by that is, I got a bunch of scripts and put that in a folder inside my scripts folder (the new folder is called "animation").
What do I have to do to add this folder to be read by maya?

My maya.env is like that:

MAYA_MRFM_SHOW_CUSTOM_SHADERS = 1
MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Meus documentos\maya\5.0\scripts\LowMan\scripts
XBMLANGPATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Meus documentos\maya\5.0\scripts\LowMan\icons

I hope I made myself understood, if not, please, let me know...

Thanks in advance,

Artur

Kriz
06-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Have you tried restarting maya? This was a big problem when I first started scripting. I would add files to the script folder and then go back to maya and they wouldnt be reconized. Maya only sources the scripts on load and doesnt look at any new files added. So try restarting maya and maybe that'll work. Everything else looks good.

LehaS
06-25-2005, 06:09 AM
U can use this command to get the location of your scripts directory

getenv MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH ;

artmont
06-25-2005, 05:06 PM
If I add "getenv" to my env file, how should it be? Like this?

MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Meus documentos\maya\5.0\scripts\LowMan\scripts
XBMLANGPATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Meus documentos\maya\5.0\scripts\LowMan\icons
getenv MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Meus documentos\maya\5.0\scripts\animation

Slurry
06-25-2005, 05:34 PM

getenv MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Meus documentos\maya\5.0\scripts\animation

Hi Artur,

Try changing the backslashes to forward slashes:

MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:/Documents and Settings/Administrador/Meus documentos/maya/5.0/scripts/LowMan/scripts

Art

LehaS
06-27-2005, 06:31 AM

You dont add getenv to your env file....:) .....getenv is itself a command
Getenv is just a Mel command which allows you to get the path to your script/icons/project directory....

From the help

This command returns the value of that environment variable. If it doesn't exist, an empty string is returned.

You`d better search in Maya reference about getenv command....Whenever i meet any problem or i see any script with command i dont know i always enter MAYA Help and make a search for the command of feature....it takes several minutes and gives u an idea what is going on....:) ...understanding the LOGIC is MAYA is very important....

Take care man

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2005, 06:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.