PDA

View Full Version : vfs modeling/texturing reel

gigan
06-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Heber
06-25-2005, 04:39 AM
herman!
ok im not sure what OCD is ,
but why does it sounds like your dissapointed?
dude this is topnotch work its downrigh beautiful your urukai creature is my favourite! and your human anatomical figure is well done as well, what i love about your reel is the way you lit your characters,the whole reel carried a certain mood because of it. Herman be proud! you've done really well! congrats man. :)

**i dont want to it to be a trend but dam i think this is front page worthy.

BlackNull
06-25-2005, 05:06 AM
WOW, another quality reel! Man, I agree with heb, u should be very proud of your work, the quality is very apparent and we can see your great modelling skills especially with third model which is my favorite! He looks awesome! Lighting on the second model is very cool too, overall great work, good luck with the job hunt and all but it's time for you to relax, must have been an intense year :thumbsup:

Intervain
06-25-2005, 05:08 AM
I agree with Heber - you should be proud of that reel - I love the Marlon head!!!

most of all I like how you present everything - the mood and the rotations [or lack thereof in the traditional sense] - it's not boring http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif I'm sure it will only get bette from here. Good luck!!!

Maverick28
06-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Hey hey!

Herman! Excellent work man. I still would have preferred Godfather Brando but your reel looks fantastic. I still maintain that you're one of the most talented modellers I've seen. Amazing stuff.

-L

Heber
06-25-2005, 06:16 AM
check your private messages herman. :)

pum
06-25-2005, 06:53 AM
hey dude,
good to see your stuff is here!
amazing stuff , like I always said to you( but u never believed anyone who said it!)
you have a very good eye for modeling.
and of course, dont blame it on COD, blame it on the XBOX!!haha
awesome reel, Im sure you will get a job pretty soon!

cheers buddy,
HB

ps: did you find the red apple useful?hehe

Norl
06-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Your reel is not bad, nice work there. Keep it up!

stung
06-25-2005, 08:07 AM
WOW so many beautiful pieces come out in this season. Good work, I really like it!

losttogether
06-25-2005, 08:40 AM
hmm..heber is right, your reel is really good. I like your texture on the creature and your anatomical figure model is well done. I like the way you show you model, very special. You really bring up whole piece together. good job man!:)

Heidi Niccole
06-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Herman!!! (my “canadian” buddy)

Did I not tell you from the beginning that you had something that demanded respect? You have an awesome talent! Your work is unlike anything I’ve seen coming from student reels.

I would have liked to see those face shapes on Brando and I still want to see Napoleon... send him my way when he’s finished.

hnc

ps. can’t wait to see my boys...

snku
06-25-2005, 01:16 PM
mad props
your work is awesome hermz :D

Breoniks
06-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Glad I could finally see it all finished! I think some of your OCD rubbed off on me this year man, its contagious. Hehe, besides all that, you pulled it off man. Your reel has got talent slathered all over it. You have my stars. It was good working with you this year. I'll be keeping in touch... do the same.

Sollesnes
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I agree, the whole reel has a 'mood' over it. It's all great! You have all reason to be proud of it, you did a great job. Congratulations. :)

cJaynes
06-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow that was a really good reel. As an overall composition it was great too, but each piece was just incredible. Like Heber said the Urukai was just awesome I had to watch him several times.

Seriously that was great! Keep it up!

AndrewHwang
06-25-2005, 08:27 PM
sweet job dude, its nice to see all of the vfs reels that are getting pumped out at such a high quality calibur. good luck on the job hunt and i really dont think theres any need to be that hard on yourself. :) :)

humanbeing1984
06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
hey herman this is Jason, overall i thinn it's a good piece, i like your texture and lighting.
keep up the good work, and good luck on job hunting:)

webhead
06-26-2005, 03:27 AM
herman!
ok im not sure what OCD is ,
but why does it sounds like your dissapointed?

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
I believe most people with this disorder are very critical of their own work and will have to tweek something to death before they are satisfied with it. I'm pretty obsessive about my work not being the best it could be all the time.
Not sure if your kidding about having OCD, Herman (Gigan), but, I think you can stop obsessing about your reel and relax : You have some nice work here! :thumbsup:

fabianloing
06-26-2005, 05:21 AM
homie!

what's up? hey, i really love the way you present brando! Well done man! (don't say terrible!) hahahah! anyway, how are you? my favourite is your statue! It's very well done homie! keep in touch ok?
Good job man! 5 stars from me !!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-Fab

Ryan3D
06-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey finally I can see your demoreel, I really love your reel! thank you put my name on your demoreel. I'm really appreciate to you. I love all of your character. you were one of the best modeler in our class. I'll miss what we do. I hope that it can make a good chance for your job!
I'll try to do my best on my place. Goood Job! Keep in touch!

gigan
06-26-2005, 11:04 PM
thanks everyone for taking their time to comment.

heber: i guess i am a bit dissapointed at the amount of time i wasted in regards to changing ideas or models... especially right before midterm presentations. i'm lucky i got away with doing so though. thanks for all the comments and encouragement... i hope life is good for you at ea.

blacknull: thanks... i can finally sleep my regular 15 hours... but unfortunately i think i'm now more stressed than i was when in school.

intervain: i wasn't sure if in terms of presentation it was what i wanted since i didn't have very much time to work on it; i'm glad it turned out okay though. good luck in term 4+ and thank you for the kind words...

maverick28: i'm glad you finally changed the quote in your signature.

pum: didn't see you around the last week or so... it's too bad i missed the last day of COD. thanks for all the help and advice... the red apple is great, and i hope you enjoy LA and everything else.

norl, stung, losttogether: thank you.

heidi: you've... never told me that. if you did i probably wouldn't have believed you anyways. maybe it's because you're a liar. that's ok. thanks for the kind words. good luck to you... post your reel up.

snku: i want to see the ohmy :D

breoniks: thanks... keep working hard and good luck with the job search. canadians do love you, i promise. i'll definitely be giving you a call... when you're famous.

aztglory, cjaynes, andrewhwang: thank you.

humanbeing1984: hey jason... thanks a lot. you know i also wish you the best...

webhead: you should see how many times i rearrange furniture. thanks for the compliments... and i hope i can relax soon.

fabian: thanks guy... when are you going to post your reel? i hope things are good in toronto... come back soon. good luck with finding a job in LA, i'm sure you won't have any problems. thanks for all the help and advice and everything else.

ryan: hey ryan, thanks... i really appreciated all the advice and critiques you gave me. it was good having you in our class. i'll miss your singing. good luck in edmonton... eat healthier! thanks again.

thanks everyone.

Guray
06-27-2005, 08:18 PM
You work is great man. Call me when you wanna play "Hacky Sack"....

-Ferda-

PedramK
06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Very nice, your third model, the statue, looks great, i have to agree about it being plug worthy.

jsolmos
06-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey Herman,

Whats up my asian bro! All I can say is - incredible reel. Really man - solid work. I know what its like to be afflicted with the type of disorder you mentioned - it can be frustrating at times. It seems to me that your work didnt suffer much as a result of this problem; unless you are worried about quantity (of which I am disapointed in my own work). You need not worry about the quality as it is some of the best modeling/texturing/lighting I have seen while at VFS.
Herman - I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please keep in touch. PS - I miss out stare-down contests. Maybe when/if we meet again I will finally beat you! PSS - My sister is still single - HA!

J

Heidi Niccole
06-27-2005, 09:30 PM
I think you’ve got that backwards... Check your hotmail.

Michael Hovan
06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Way to go, your hard work shows.

merc13
06-30-2005, 02:06 AM
herme,

nice work dude-if only you were as good at hockey as you are at modeling-ah,if only i was as good at modeling as i am at hockey...nice work man and its nice to see our class representing so well-i'll post sometime this week hopefully,but after seeing the rest i'm sure to bring down the average somewhat-haha.anyway good luck-you won't need it.later dude,

rob

noiqsheep
07-01-2005, 07:20 AM
weee great work herman:D finally see it finished. i like ur models a lot!

simon

Howiejai
07-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey hermie, it's good to see you stuff posted here! Like what everyone else told you, you should be proud of your work! You have a really good eye for modeling and I really like your modelling style! I think it's me that should be worrying and not you! Have faith in yourself dude! Goodluck with job hunting!

fx81
07-05-2005, 05:34 AM
thats another inspiring reel from VFS!

no need to be so hard on yourself Gigan, you got some great skills and i am sure you got a great future ahead :thumbsup:

Tom W.
07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Wow dude, props for this great real. Love all your models, especially the topology of the statue
5 stars from me :)

formoso
10-29-2005, 12:47 AM
nice reel. i liked modelling quite a bit and nice lighting as well. i actually enjoyed the polishing of the reel more (your 2d design skills, i had no time to do that on my vfs reel while at school). btw how come your reel is hosted on nginco? do you work with nathan flood or soemthing?

aliasfreak101
10-29-2005, 04:42 AM
wow, i must say that was simply amazing.

andrebranco
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Herman, The Great!

I love your style! Amazing work.

You have a great talent, it was great meeting you.

Keep in touch buddy,

Take care,

Andre

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.